Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Pre-registration, how to reserve staff spots?

Hey all,

I've been running Practiscore happily since my local club became USPSA affiliated a few years ago but we always did day-of registration.  Now I'm helping out with a local indoor series that has limited space.  I've figured out how to setup the online registration and squadding but I'm stuck at how to allow one number of shooters for the match overall while reserving staff spots.  I need to setup the match to be 38 total shooters, 2 squads, with 10 reserved spots.  Put another way I need to set the match up to allow 28 random people to sign up and squad while allowing for 10 others to do the same without counting toward the first batch of 28.

i figure I could set the match to 28 total and have staff manually entered by me or the MD after the 28 spots are filled but it seems like there should be a better way.

Thanks,

Peter

Set the match up for 38 shooters. Build your squads and while doing so use the reserved feature for building squads to specify the slots you want to reserve. You can either reserve one or two per squad or create a 10-person RO squad and reserve all 10 spots. One thing to keep in mind is you'll have to squad the competitors in the reserved slots. They can't do it themselves. If you have trouble figuring it out let me know and I'll give some more detailed instructions.