Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Westworld

benos

I had a long talk typed out about the revelations in the finale then realized that spoilers may not be too welcome.  Anyway, never saw the two biggest coming.  I'm with you, definitely on the list to re-watch.  I'll be eager to see how/if Season 2 makes use of the samarai warriors.  Are there other Worlds?

The original movie was in 1973 with Yul Brynner as the protagonist.  In the that movie there were three worlds - Western World, Medieval World and Roman World.  I recently re-watched the original and it was pretty rough.  As a kid of course it was amazing.  Had the same experience watching the original Tron when the new Tron came out a couple of years ago.

Caught some bits and pieces when I was channel surfing and started wondering what the heck it was about.  Then watched a couple full episodes and turned out it's pretty cool series.  And there's guns in it.

I missed the Yul Brenner image!

And, yes, the guns are a great plus, especially since there's only one blatant Hollywood firearms effects screw up that I spotted.  I won't spoil it by pointing it out right now (I'll save that for a few more replies down the line, LOL) but the same shot is repeated a couple times.  

12 minutes ago, benos said:

MakDaddy - the image you posted was shown in the current Westworld series? If so, where - what episode?

Yes sir .. episode 6 i believe "The Adversary" ...its a quick look, and the only reason i know about is because i watch the recaps sometimes, just to make sure i understand what the heck is going on. Also, i found an interesting site that goes into the guns on Westworld.. Man in Black's LaMat revo had me curious. 

Edited by Makdaddy
add link