Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Production

RickyH

With 125 grain coated lead at 3.7 grains of TG @ 1.08" I am getting 133pf. Start at ~3.4 and work up. Hodgdon website has this for an FMJ.

Edit: Okay Hodgdon website doesn't format well to the forum, summary.

125 FMJ @ 1.090"

4.1gr - 1,069fps - 27,300 CUP STARTING LOAD

4.4gr - 1,136fps - 30,600 CUP MAXIMUM LOAD

Then again, I'm sending my barrel to Grams for reaming this week which I'd suggest you do too.

Edited by SCTaylor

Definitely send your Tanfo barrel to a Grams Engineering. Not only will it let you load longer, mine came back generously loose like a Glock's. Properly sized rounds drop in and rattle enough to let you know this is going to be a reliable gun from now on - a thousandth of extra play in what was formerly an insanely tight chamber made a big difference.

Somewhere between 3.7 and 4.0 grains of TG works for a 124 FMJ really well, depending on barrel length and whether or not you want to skirt 126 PF or load for a more reliable 133-135.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

I would recommend 3.8.

What I do, when building a load is first get a close enough weight then use the hex screw to increment and decrement by 1/6 of a turn, this because Titegroup does not measure well, you will always have a +/- .1 gn drop between cases and you'll get nuts trying to get your powder to the exact targeted weight.

Titegroup: does not measure well and is very dirty. The only pro: it's available and cheaper than N320.

So I take my batches all separated in this manner: 0; +1/6; +2/6; +3/6; -1/6; -2/6; -3/6

Use a sharpie on the side of the hex screw that is facing up as a "0" index.

Once you have the proper load, set the hex screw accordingly, measure 10 drops, average. Mark that number down.

Edited by NicVerAZ