Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Glock 33 round magazines and extended base pad

Sorry I'm not articulating well and am not an expert. But that looks like the point I was trying to make. Hangups occur when the transition from the amount of rounds loaded in the extension occurs. The fault happens as soon as the number of rounds I loaded over 33 are thumbed out or fired.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, Photon said:

Sorry I'm not articulating well and am not an expert. But that looks like the point I was trying to make. Hangups occur when the transition from the amount of rounds loaded in the extension occurs. The fault happens as soon as the number of rounds I loaded over 33 are thumbed out or fired.

You said it right.

As I mentioned earlier, when the rounds come up through the transition line (mag/extension) they drag bits and pieces of the polymer coating that comes around and up the bottom of the magazine corners. I had two MBX 47 round extensions fail in a match because of this.

The TF extensions have been easy to remedy. The MBX, on the other hand, was not easily fixable, and I got rid of them. My belief is the interior dimensions of the MBX extensions are too restrictive no matter what you do.