Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gotta have sensors for Mark7

B_RAD

I'm thinking about the decapping sensor.   

The low primer issue can be avoided with entering the number of primers so it'll stop (if you forget). 

Swage sense could be useful too. 

Don't see a need for the powder sense. 

Anyone out there have ine or all all of these?  

Thoughts?

I wouldn't discount the powder sense so quickly... there has been more than one occasion that something has gone awry and it was picked up at that station. The downside is you then need to seat and crimp in one station.

Depends a lot on your own tolerance for risk...

I would like to see the Bullet Sense see daylight. Some type of case height sensor at the swage station would be nice as well that could catch .380 when running 9mm or .40 S&W when running 10mm. Catching those before priming would be great.

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the low primer sensor, and have been looking at the Swage Sense, but I have loaded approximately 30k so far with no issues.  If the press is setup well before adding the Mark 7 and you do proper preventative maintenance you can get away without any sensors.  That said I don't have the issues with decapping some people seem to, I use a EGW U-die and I am still on the the original decapping pin and before the die was on my 1050 it was on my 550 and I haven't had a primer not drop or any ringers.  That is with range pickup brass. 

I bought the swage sense. 

Side question. You guys bolting the platform to your bench?  You bolt it down at all 4 corners or two on each side on the middle?  

I'm thinking 4 corners. 

You will be very happy with the SWAGEsense!

I do not have mine bolted to the bench.  I just made sure it was level using the adjustable feet and have not had any problems with stability.  YMMV.

Regarding the optical sensor, I have that too.  I found the frequent stops to clean the sensor when processing brass to be annoying.  With the swagesense installed, I actually have the optical sensor deactivated.  I have the low primer sensor which is nice and I would like the bullet sensor when it's available.  Hopefully the guys will get it out of pre-production.

Powder check is a must in my opinion but I do Commercial reloading on my 3 mark7's. I also use low primer as well as optical sensor on all three. I always run a swagging station and set the clutch low so if there is a ringer it will stop the machine. I've been doing this for a while before the swage sense was out. I might try them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...