Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Where are the Tac Sport Oranges!!!

Superpipe9

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, ohsevenflhx said:

Would a Tactical Sport Orange owner please be kind enough to post the measurement of their trigger guard in the area that locks into the DAA holster. I would rather have a block that says TSO than SP01. Thanks

You can buy the proper block from the Ben Stoger pro store and in stock. 

Edited by pistolshot

6 hours ago, IHAVEGAS said:

Thanks. Think I will wait for CZC as well. After shooting production all of last year I think I can struggle along with 17 plus 1 for a while.

Hoping next week. pads are being anodized.

1 hour ago, pistolshot said:

You can buy the proper block from the Ben Stoger pro store and in stock. 

I might have miss worded. I have a regular Tactical Sport. If I have to modify a DAA block for my Tac Sport, I would rather modify a TSO block, than an SP01 block. Maybe I won't have to modify the TSO block for the Tac Sport.

5 hours ago, ohsevenflhx said:

I might have miss worded. I have a regular Tactical Sport. If I have to modify a DAA block for my Tac Sport, I would rather modify a TSO block, than an SP01 block. Maybe I won't have to modify the TSO block for the Tac Sport.

Ah makes sense that I do not know. Technically it should fit as the sp01 is smaller than both the tso and the normal TS.  Email DAA .. they respond quickly during office hours. 

I'm sure it will fit (like I said, my modded block fits my TS & TSO exactly the same)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody use aftermarket basepads for this? What magazines can I use also? I am in Canada so I have the dumb half metal, half plastic ones and need 3 more mags so looking for suggestions?

I would be shooting in the US so I'd like some larger capacity mags. Not sure which ones work. 

On 2/2/2017 at 9:38 AM, pistolshot said:

Does anybody use aftermarket basepads for this? What magazines can I use also? I am in Canada so I have the dumb half metal, half plastic ones and need 3 more mags so looking for suggestions?

I would be shooting in the US so I'd like some larger capacity mags. Not sure which ones work. 

I just got my Orange (40S&W), but the CZ Custom basepads from my TS work fine with it's magazine well. I'd post a link to the CZ Custom pads but their website is down again. The CZ pads are pretty easy to remove and I get 21 with their springs and 20 with Grams springs and followers (supposed to get 21 in Grams). I'm going to try a couple Springer Precision pads next.

Does the TSO represent any fundamental advantage over the TS in .40 S&W?

I'm thinking of getting one as a lefty for IPSC use. I had my TS9 modded by lowering the sights as well as epoxy grip casting to take those aluminum basepads. For the TS or TSO, I would use a Czechmate slide pin instead of the slide stop and shave the left safety so that I can install a DAA Standard Division thumbrest on its right frame.

2 hours ago, Lior said:

I prefer the TSO grip geometry & the sight & the thumb rest & the look. Others might prefer the TS grip and etc. .

I do not think one gun is better than the other, certainly the TS is a better buy. 

3 hours ago, Lior said:

I'm thinking of getting one as a lefty for IPSC use. I had my TS9 modded by lowering the sights as well as epoxy grip casting to take those aluminum basepads. For the TS or TSO, I would use a Czechmate slide pin instead of the slide stop and shave the left safety so that I can install a DAA Standard Division thumbrest on its right frame.

I hate the Tactical Sports poor excuse for frame checkering (you may not have issue with it). They are about 1-2 mm cast pyramids on the frame. I had a Tactical Sports that I removed it from, undercut and hand checkered the rear strap then had recoated. It was a fair bit of time. The Tactical Sports Orange already comes with that similar feature. It also has adjustable sights, a fiber optic front sight, 3 magazines, a gas pedal (not sure if that's for me yet), a tight lock up and some spare parts. I'd be pressed to say you could do all that yourself for an additional $350. That's why I bought one as a spare. If the mentioned features aren't a positive for you then I'd go with the standard Tactical Sports.

I hate the Tactical Sports poor excuse for frame checkering (you may not have issue with it). They are about 1-2 mm cast pyramids on the frame. I had a Tactical Sports that I removed it from, undercut and hand checkered the rear strap then had recoated.

Managed to overcome the backstrap and fronstrap checkering by filling it with Poxypol glue with aluminum oxide sprinkled on it to make it nice and grippy. 

On 2/4/2017 at 6:51 AM, huskerlrrp said:

I just got my Orange (40S&W), but the CZ Custom basepads from my TS work fine with it's magazine well. I'd post a link to the CZ Custom pads but their website is down again. The CZ pads are pretty easy to remove and I get 21 with their springs and 20 with Grams springs and followers (supposed to get 21 in Grams). I'm going to try a couple Springer Precision pads next.

I am probably going to go with  Springer Precision, I did some research and a buddy also suggested them so why not. Seems like they are popular and well made. Thanks!

8 hours ago, pistolshot said:

I am probably going to go with  Springer Precision, I did some research and a buddy also suggested them so why not. Seems like they are popular and well made. Thanks!

We sold out of our stock of springer pads and plan on restocking more shortly.  I have had good luck with them. 

2 hours ago, Kingman said:

We sold out of our stock of springer pads and plan on restocking more shortly.  I have had good luck with them. 

They look good and are at a good price but I don't want to fool around with a Allen key and set screw to disassemble and clean my mag. If you shoot down south you might end up doing that on every stage. That sucks

Edited by Superpipe9