Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1911 modifications

aandabooks

All those are legal. I also see some people do High Power cuts on the front of the slide instead of cocking serrations to make weight. My Ford Shooter's Custom 40cal 1911 is tri-topped and has high power cuts on the front of the slide. It's just under 43oz with a empty magazine.

I haven't actually weighed the 9mm 1911 but I added a Dawson Ice magwell and it came with a FLGR.  It might need to loose a little weight.  This one is a RIA that I did the trigger on last night.  I have a mill and wouldn't mind trying out cutting on a 1911.  I've done some cutting on M&Ps, Glocks and a couple others.

I don't imagine I can get away with doing something like ZEV does with Glocks?  The rules explicitely state a few cuts but then get a little vague about what exactly excess milling is.

Here's a M&P I did a while ago.  I know I can't cut all the way through a 1911 but I think even this might be considered excessive milling.image.jpegimage.jpegs

Yeah, 9mm guns can be close on weight. None of the cuts all tne way through will fly. Serratioms, tri topping, and the like are OK as is internal.

You can usually lose everything you need from inside the grips, the frame cut under the grips, and/or a GI guide rod. 

I like flat topped and serrated or a clark rib vs tri topped.