Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New X-Treme 9MM Brass - Good?

Religious Shooter

Looking for new 9MM brass to be used for big matches.  Minor to +P levels.  Probably just going to be used once as big matches are lost brass matches.  Just want that slight edge of reliability over 1X fired.

X-Treme has their new brass for about $50 per 500.  Has anybody had any experience with their new brass?  Good for what I want to do with it?  Or is there a cheaper and better/as good choice?

Starline is currently $130/1000.

Thanks.

Well you know.  When you buy 1X brass... is it really 1X brass?  

My "big" matches are 3G matches where I generally only shoot 120-150 pistol rounds.  So the added expense of the new brass over 1X brass is like $5-$15 more per match.  Not too bad considering the match fees, gas, hotel, food, etc. means $600-$1K+.

On 12/4/2016 at 0:14 AM, Religious Shooter said:

Looking for new 9MM brass to be used for big matches.  Minor to +P levels.  Probably just going to be used once as big matches are lost brass matches.  Just want that slight edge of reliability over 1X fired.

X-Treme has their new brass for about $50 per 500.  Has anybody had any experience with their new brass?  Good for what I want to do with it?  Or is there a cheaper and better/as good choice?

Thanks.

Nevermind.  My bad.

It does say FM headstamp.  Anyone know if they are stepped cases like the normal FM we pick up?  If so, Starline at $130/1k is still the best deal.

Edited by theWacoKid

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 11:14 PM, Religious Shooter said:

Thanks.

I had loose primer pockets and was blowing the primer out....(9mm major load) 15 times out of 40, never happened with once fired or new Starline. I called X-Treme and they gladly provided a return label and 100% credit to my CC. I'm staying with once fired bulk brass.

Great customer service in my book from X-treme though.

G

Edited by Gman57