Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Max OAL that fits a glock 9 mag?

hcore44

I just got my barrel back from getting the throat cut (thanks Bevin) and now I want to play with some new loads now that the max OAL can be a lot longer than it was before.  What is the max oal that I can load into a glock 9mm mag?  I am pretty sure the mag will be the limit vs the lone wolf barrel before the work.  Thanks for any leads.

Yes.  I know I can load out to 1.175ish with the barrel and pass the plunk test but I don't think they will work in the mag.  I know I can play around with it but I thought someone probably already found the OAL that will still work in the mag.  Thanks

Edited by hcore44

I am able to load Zero 125 JHP's and MG 124 JHP's to 1.145" OAL in Glock 9mm mags. Any longer than 1.150 and it becomes an adventure in reliability, so I backed it off for a little cushion and called 1.145 good. My open 9 major Glock 17 has a gunsmith fit KKM barrel and the mags all have +5 base pads.

What load are you using?  Right now, Im at 6.9 WAC with a 125 Bayou loaded to 1.13 because that was as long as I could go before the barrel work.  I could not load the MGs long enough to make major and not blow out primers.

Right now I'm using 7.7 gr 3N37 with 125 Zero because that is what powder I have. I had 6.8 - 6.9 gr WAC before with both 125 Zero and 124 MG JHP's. I've used 6.8 gr N340 and 6.8 gr WSF in the past. All make major in my G17 with a Jager 4 port comp. Start under that and work your way up looking for pressure signs with the jacketed JHP's - none in mine, but your's may vary. Barrels will differ in velocity and pressure, so exercise caution.