2017 Tactical Precision Alabama Sectional Championship

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/23/2017 at 3:13 PM, TennJeep1618 said:

fe6c0ee3850dcb871d699c328a93dbd9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I want to remind everyone that Chandler from Black Bullets International will be at the Alabama Sectional with preordered bullet and giving match pricing. He has supported our sport and this match better than any other bullet company so lets show some appreciation and order some bullets.

Anybody have a cheap place to crash tomorrow night? I'm shooting Friday and plan to drive down tomorrow from Bham. I'm pretty clean and easy-going, but very cheap...

I thought the match went very well also. Usually, I feel like Friday shooters struggle to get through the match, but this experience was as smooth as I can imagine. Started a little late at around 830 and our squad was done shooting all 10 stages before 230. No holdups at all.

I also appreciated the lack of gimmicks, it was a straightforward shooting contest. Find a best way to solve each stage. Move through each one efficiently and shoot accurately.

My only gripe was the total width of the bridge; I get the concept of shooting from moving platform, but wish it didnt require so many steps to get on/off.

2 hours ago, Superpipe9 said:

Stages and match in general turned out to be real nice. Good job and thanks to all the match staff and sponsors for all the help. Move that cable away from the door next time though. 

The cable attached to the door that activated the two swingers landed on my gun and caused it to not go back fully into battery.

FduBciQ.jpg

Edited by TennJeep1618

A big thank you to all the shooters, staff and sponsors!!! The match went really smoothly and quickly without any major hiccups. I hope that everyone had a good time and now it's time for me to find a cave somewhere and hide for a while!

Thanks again!

4 hours ago, TennJeep1618 said:

The cable attached to the door that activated the two swingers landed on my gun and caused it to not go back fully into battery.

FduBciQ.jpg

Definitely should've been a reshoot! Myself and a guy on my squad had that happen. He got a reshoot and I did not. I was told because I didn't seem to hesitate that it must of been fine. However shooting with a freaking cable on your gun does distract you from shooting the course of fire, even if it just pulls your vision off the sight for a moment, but because I didn't seem to hesitate the RO said it didn't effect me. It should've been based off of facts not the RO's personal opinion. I do however feel for anyone who gets stuck on a stage like that. I think our squad had 5 reshoots because of issues. Other than that it was a great match. 

On 3/12/2017 at 3:58 PM, TennJeep1618 said:

FduBciQ.jpg

One of the guys on our squad actually shot the cable splitting it in two, which caused a mike on one of the swingers. He did not get a reshoot, which IMO was the wrong call. 

On 3/12/2017 at 3:58 PM, TennJeep1618 said:

FduBciQ.jpg

As the CRO on that stage, please delete that photo... That Damn cable gave me a headache for 8 hours Saturday! Don't need any more reminders of it! 

2 hours ago, tha1000 said:

@Dancin Dan was this match be considered a classifier?

Per changes to the classification system last month, it looks like this match should count as a classifier in Limited.

"Matches to be used as a classifier, Level 2 or above, requires 3GM’s

finishing 90% or above, and minimum 50 competitors in the division"