Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

3gunDQ

I use it for my 10mm loads but haven't tried it yet in 40S&W.  In 10mm at least, it provides good velocity and no pressure signs.  I'd love to have an 8 lb canister of it just laying around :-).  I'm interested to see what people get using it in 40S&W.

I am an open shooter... that is shooting some limited so not really interested in trading it away. I am going to burn it on the book load and see what happens on the chrono, just curious as to what others have experienced.

Why does it matter if it burns slow if it makes PF? 

17 minutes ago, 3gunDQ said:

I am an open shooter... that is shooting some limited so not really interested in trading it away. I am going to burn it on the book load and see what happens on the chrono, just curious as to what others have experienced.

Why does it matter if it burns slow if it makes PF? 

It will be more "blasty",  probably a longer recoil impulse, more dirty and use more powder than a fast powder. But, by all means, and see if you like it.

More dirty than say titegroup? In open I run 3n38 but picked up this jug on the cheap and before the election... figured it wasn't a bad idea to have an extra 8lbs of powder laying around.