Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS2 issues

Sarge

Well, got an RTS2 in the mail today. The dot is not nearly as crisp as my regular Cmore. It almost looks elongated when compared side to side.

Also, the down button is very hard to make work. I almost have to push it with my fingernail to make it react. The UP button is much easier and I feel a slight click when pushing it.

Is this normal or should I send it back to Shooters Connection before I even mount it?

I bought one about 2 months ago.  The dot on mine is fine, seems round to me, especially when I turn the intensity down or look at it outdoors.  The buttons do seem to be a bit stubborn at times.  I have to hold it just right to turn it off.  I also have the 8 min dot.  I really like the sight.

I just got two 6 MOA units.  I opened one yesterday to try it out.  The down button is a tad harder to work than the up.  The dot is perfectly round and appears to be smaller than the 6 MOA dot in my Slideride.

Then again, my fat fingers have trouble with the button on all my FF3s. I have to make a determined effort to activate them.  I'm used to it.

Edited by zzt

Something might be wrong.  When turned all the way down, it is not bright at all.  you can barely see it outside in the sun.  I only use it on low when dry firing indoors. 

I will take a pic of 2 side by side, one with dot on high, one with it on low. 

Edited by echotango

I just compared mine to an SR with only about 3 hours on the battery.  At full brightness, the RTS2 is just a tad brighter.  At the lowest the RTS2 dot is barely visible.  It is very similar to the FF3 night setting.  RTS2 dot is round and blooms less at the highest setting.

I could not finish my post earlier. Turned all the way down the dot should be very light and transparent. If it is not something is wrong. 

My RTS2 only had a round dot in sunlight. Otherwise it was a starburst. Recently a casing broke the lens and I took the opportunity to buy a Deltapoint Pro. The triangle is very well defined unless I turn it up very high in dim light. Like it much better. 

I sent my RTS2 back to C More for a lens replacement via UPS on the Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving. I know that I will have to pay for the repair and told them to contact me on the cost. I have not heard anything from them. With the holiday it has not been too long yet, but obviously they have not looked at it. Getting antsy even though it will only be a backup in the future. 

Hey Brooke - I had the same thing happen to my RTS2 as far as lens replacement just a couple of weeks ago. Only cost was the $12.75 for shipping it back to me. Total time was about three weeks after they got it until it was returned to me.

4 hours ago, Brooke said:

I could not finish my post earlier. Turned all the way down the dot should be very light and transparent. If it is not something is wrong. 

My RTS2 only had a round dot in sunlight. Otherwise it was a starburst. Recently a casing broke the lens and I took the opportunity to buy a Deltapoint Pro. The triangle is very well defined unless I turn it up very high in dim light. Like it much better. 

I sent my RTS2 back to C More for a lens replacement via UPS on the Tuesday prior to Thanksgiving. I know that I will have to pay for the repair and told them to contact me on the cost. I have not heard anything from them. With the holiday it has not been too long yet, but obviously they have not looked at it. Getting antsy even though it will only be a backup in the future. 

I guess everybody has their own experiences. I took mine to a friends house tonight and my  buttons feel exactly the same as his. The dot is also pretty bright on its lowest setting, just like his.

10 hours ago, titandriver said:

Hey Brooke - I had the same thing happen to my RTS2 as far as lens replacement just a couple of weeks ago. Only cost was the $12.75 for shipping it back to me. Total time was about three weeks after they got it until it was returned to me.

Thanks for the information