Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Let's discuss fast reloads

GARD72977

Well, no. The cylinder isn't 'flopping everywhere.' I strong hand load as stated so the cylinder is actually being held by thumb plus 2 fingers (through the frame.)

The clip goes in whenever and wherever I want it to.

I usually don't do much running with my cylinder flopping.

Edited by Dr. Phil

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ah,,, yeh I started strong hand reloading,, but noticed all the cool kids did weak hand,, took me a bit to unlearn strong (right for me)  then get smoother with weak hand.. Once I got the knack for it, it does seem to have less steps and will be a bit faster.. Probably would be really good at it if I had actually practiced since oct..

I started my dry fire routine this last fall switching over to weak hand. (I am right hand shooting, right eye dominant but left handed) to see if it was faster, exactly to what you said; less steps maybe. After a couple months, I switched back, mainly because of the stories I hear about how much the gun gets beat and the bent crane stuff I have read.

The auto shooters want to be below 1.5 sec. I will be happy to get to 2.5 for standing reloads.

Every day 3 or 4 times I go down and work on it. Getting faster but it really ain't my jam!

I saw a video of Jerry doing a 1.57 standing! Yeesh. Makes a guy sick!

Edited by Dr. Phil