Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Championship 2017

• 1 month later...
On 4/4/2017 at 11:19 AM, GorillaTactical said:

Just as a commentary regarding interest in PCC, I'd shoot PCC this year if it were available...next year as well obv.

The Texas Open did not allow PCC initially.  Three weeks before the match they opened it up to PCC.  Unless the stats have changed, they had more shooters in PCC than revolver, carry optics and single stack combined.

Bill

I'm from WF, born and raised, but I was never into competitive shooting during that time. A lot of the guys from WTPS in Lubbock are going to Double Tap. It looks like a lot of fun and a really nice setup.

I am going to try to make a first-Saturday match some time when I am in town to visit the parents. Hopefully I can get to do the big event next summer as well.

24 minutes ago, pixel5 said:

A lot of the guys from WTPS in Lubbock are going to Double Tap. It looks like a lot of fun and a really nice setup.

I've shot the match several times and the stages were always great.   This match was at the top of my "must attend" list.

Bill

Edited by Flatland Shooter

6 hours ago, Flatland Shooter said:

The Texas Open did not allow PCC initially.  Three weeks before the match they opened it up to PCC.  Unless the stats have changed, they had more shooters in PCC than revolver, carry optics and single stack combined.

Bill

I wouldn't have shot the TX Open match if it didn't have PCC in it...glad they decided to include it.  Enjoyed shooting the Cowtown match as well.  Both were able to get 20+ PCC shooters and the ROs were all in good shape respective to RO-ing the PCCs.  I know DT will not include it until they are sure they can get it right, which I also support.

On 4/4/2017 at 11:19 AM, GorillaTactical said:

Just as a commentary regarding interest in PCC, I'd shoot PCC this year if it were available...next year as well obv.

I'd switch over to PCC in a heartbeat. 

I'm shooting PCC in all my other major matches this year.  And DoubleTap would be a PARTY with a PCC.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2016 at 6:39 PM, scorch said:

Sorry not this year. We will gage intrest in PCC amd make changes accordingly next year. 

This year, Area 1 had 55, Area 2 had 49 and A6 had 39 PCC shooters. There is interest ;)

Looks like everyone is going to start scoring PCC as a separate match with no participation in side matches such as man on man.  Afterall, it's a rifle entered into a pistol match. Hey I know, lets holster our PCC's and they'll let us in :o

I have a PCC but I'm not going to push it, just have fun with it from time to time. No reason to cause a rifted in the sport; PCC's tend to annoy some hard core pistol shooters. For those who are solely dedicated to PCC, maybe they should start a PCC only match (like the PCC nat'l); that would be fun.

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:59 PM, Gunjack said:

I have a PCC but I'm not going to push it, just have fun with it from time to time. No reason to cause a rifted in the sport; PCC's tend to annoy some hard core pistol shooters. For those who are solely dedicated to PCC, maybe they should start a PCC only match (like the PCC nat'l); that would be fun.

The hard core pistol dudes are annoyed from being beat by PPC shooters?