Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Double Tap Championship 2017

New format, same great match. June 9-11, 2017, at the Double Tap Ranch in Wichita Falls TX.  11 stages and chrono. shoot the match friday saturday or sunday, shoot the entire match in just over 6 hours. Sign up is open at the link below

https://practiscore.com/doubel-tap-championship-2017/register

more info at the double tap web site  Doubletapranch.com

Edited by scorch

15 hours ago, scorch said:

Sorry not this year. We will gage intrest in PCC amd make changes accordingly next year. 

Although the decision has been made, it would be interesting to "gage" current interest. This might provide a baseline for next year.

Out of curiosity, who would sign up and shoot PCC at 2017 Double Tap if it were available?

I am one.     

My calendar prohibits me from making the match this year.  I'd have interest but I'm honestly not sure I'd shoot PCC instead of Production or Single Stack.  I'd consider it more if it looked like there would be enough folks in the division and across the classifications for it to "make" in terms of awards.  Thats a lot of folks, though, percentage-wise, considering how many Open and Limited folks are likely to register.

On November 30, 2016 at 9:27 AM, Flatland Shooter said:

Would it be a major hassle to do like the 3GN Regional matches?  

You register for the match with a first choice and second choice Division.

If not enough shooters sign up for a Division, they are swept into their 2 choice.

Practiscore is not set up to do this and it would be a nightmare to keep up with 50-100 second choice manually. Also when would you set a deadline to switch. So yes it be s gaint pain on top of everything else that needs to be done. Check the article in front sight mag on hosting a major. The article is only about half complete. the detail take up most of the effort and time.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Yes 50.00 discount jr shoot for 130.00. i will need to update practiscore to reflect this, but i am tied up till the first of next week. Will email you when done. thanks for your intrest in our match

• 1 month later...
On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:29 PM, Darqusoull13 said:

I'd sign up now if PCC was a division. Not sure if PCC isn't available, might look the week before and play it by ear. 

Was all set to go until I saw that there wasn't a PCC division.  The carbine has taken over my soul... not paying major match fees to shoot pistol.  Cowtown and Area 4 both have PCC divisions. 

Oh well. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 3/25/2017 at 6:53 AM, scorch said:

You can go to practiscore and find it there aling with squading. Usally SS has about 30ish folks in that division

It could just be me, but I hit "match breakdown" and nothing happens, I don't get the breakout like I do for other matches on Practiscore. Tried it with same result on a couple of systems...it's likely me I'm sure, but thought I'd mention in.