Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Area 4 Championship, September 8-10, USSA Tulsa

The United States Shooting Academy in Tulsa Oklahoma will host the 2017 USPSA Area 4 Championship sponsored by Walther Arms and MGM Targets will be held September 8th through the 10th.  This will be a 12 stage Level III (pending) Area Championship that will be one for the ages.

When - September 7th (staff/overflow shoot), September 8th (all stages in one day) and September 9th and 10th (am/pm pm/am rotation)

Where - United States Shooting Academy, Tulsa, Oklahoma

Title Sponsors - Walther Arms and MGM Targets

Stage/Match Sponsors - TBD (Questions about sponsoring the match?  Send email to area4@uspsa.org)

Price - $180 - Juniors $100

Stages - 12 and Chronograph

Rounds - ~250

Official Hotel - Pending

Official Match Ammunition - Pending

All divisions/classes recognized with minimum allowable competitors

Signup will be via Practiscore and will be open for registration on New Years Day

I will be this years MD along with Chad Stanton.  Troy McManus will be our Range Master.  Greg Goode will be our technical statistician.  This will be a first class match at a first class facility and will fill up fast.

Mike

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

17 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

You're the man Mike! See you in Sept or sooner if you come back to Texas for 3-Gun in the spring! :bow:

Oh, I'll be down there regularly for sure.  As long as you and the crew come up for our IPSC rifle match this spring..  More to come on that in another thread..

We went ahead and opened up registration.  I figured the only way to work the bugs out is to have help!! :)

https://practiscore.com/2017-walther-arms-area-4-championship/register

If you are volunteering for staff, and we do need you, please email area4@uspsa.org for a special link that will bypass the payment information.  You must be a certified RO/CRO.  Package will include lodging, shirts, shoot the match for free, all the brass from your stage (split with the other RO's on that stage) and special staff only drawings for awesome stuff.

Sign-up is going well.  We already have over 50 people signed up, including 15 staff.  We could still use 10 more staff and a few extra hands to help out.  Please email Area4@uspsa for the staff code.  If you are planning on getting your RO certification next year, before the match, please let me know and we can get you in to work it.

Thanks!  Mike

Thank you Akai Custom Guns for sponsoring not one, but two divisions!!  AC Guns will be the Open and Limited Sponsor for the match, so you know there will be some awesomeness for prizes!!!

Also we just had JP Enterprises sign on as a MATCH SPONSOR!!!  All you PCC guys get your butts over to Practiscore and sign up!!  This is incredible to have a rifle manufacturer as a Match Sponsor for and Area USPSA Handgun match!!  Thank you Gunnar and JP..

We are 1/5th full..  :)   Get on over to Practiscore and get signed up for what will be the best area match in 2017!! 

Mike

Edited by mike_pinto

All competitors signed up by 12/31 will be entered into a random drawing for an additional prize as well as a drawing for a free 2018 Area 4 match entry. All competitors already signed up are eligible for this as well. Get those entries in!!  The stages are about done, Techwear USA is already working with me on the shirts. Going to be a great one. 

When you get a chance, thank our Title Sponsor, Walther Arms as well as our Match Sponsors MGM Targets and JP Enterprises. Akai Custom Guns has come through in a big way sponsoring two divisions!!  I am getting daily calls about sponsors getting in.  This is shaping up to be an incredible match!!

Mike

Edited by mike_pinto

On 12/10/2016 at 3:19 PM, blaster113 said:

Just registered.  Never been to Oklahoma.  Looking forward to the match!

You're coming Oklahoma from Hawaii? Hrmmm, I'm not quite sure how to break this to you but it'll still be hot and humid without the scenery. Haha.

Still chaps me that I grew up in Tulsa and never knew about USSA. But then I didn't get into shooting until 5 years after leaving town.