Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

WC Square Notch Sights for 92

Less

Hey Folks,

Some of you have been following the design of the square-notch sight I helped design with Wilson Combat. The good news is that Wilson Combat has finally gotten SKU's for the sights! They're not on the online catalog at this minute, but I think Wilson Combat can fill 'em via phone order.

• 630SQ  (.270” Height - For FS/Stock guns with integral front sight)
  • 632SQ  (.290” Height - For Brigadier slides and "drive the dot" sight picture. Mimics stock Brig sight height)
  • 819SQ  (.305” Height - For Brigadier slides and "top of sight" sight picture.)

These have some different dimensions from the U-notch sights that WC produces and I think it makes the sights more amenable to sport and defensive shooting. So far, guys like Mike Seeklander, Paul Sharp, Ernest Langdon and Jacob Hetherington have been T&Eing the sight and, it seems, liking it a lot.

Notch is .150" wide. This works well with a stock front sight and works well with the .100" Dawson FO sights that a lot of folks run on a Brig. The notch isn't so shallow that you get distracted by the firing pin block (can't see it like you can with the U-Notch sights)

Screen%20Shot%202016-09-06%20at%209.47.5bsight2.png

Unfortunately, Wilson didn't give credit where credit is due, and didn't provide what was tested- the as tested one would have been such a huge improvement, and the as released one is 'nah, we'll just make a square instead of u notch in our existing parts'.  I can't see myself paying for this sight.

Been away for a bit - looks like there is some confusion over at WC about which SQ notch sight was supposed to go into production. They're trying to sort it out... LOL...

As for the credit: what matters is that there is a reliable, well-made sight available for the '92. It is nice to get credit once in a while, but I'll settle for good options for the '92.

As I know more, will have updates to post here... Sorry for any confusion...

• 2 weeks later...

Literally just off the phone with Bill Wilson - looks like there was an internal miscommunication and the wrong sights got made... 

They've already got a run of the originally designed sight at the fabricators and they're trying to get those out... He said to check back after the first: maybe the SKU might change? 

As soon as I know something, I'll hit back... 

Literally just off the phone with Bill Wilson - looks like there was an internal miscommunication and the wrong sights got made... 

They've already got a run of the originally designed sight at the fabricators and they're trying to get those out... He said to check back after the first: maybe the SKU might change? 

As soon as I know something, I'll hit back... 

Great news! One of those and a G conversion kit and my Inox Brig will be a fitting mate to my Brig Tac! Thanks Les!

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2017 at 9:05 PM, LegionShooter said:

I might be ordering a WC 92G soon.  Are the square notch sights going to be standard when they fill the order, or will it still be U-notch?

I haven't heard that they'd switch the rear-sight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Sweet! They finally got the sights cut right and the right SKU's posted!

For stock 92's, the .270" is what you want ("drive-the-dot")
The .270" is SKU: 630SQ-S (http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/Wilson-Combat-Battlesight-Flat-Square-Notch-Serrated-Blade-270-Beretta-92FS_96FS/productinfo/630SQ%2DS/)

Elite and Brig users should use these: .290 is "drive-the-dot" and .305 is "top-of-blades"
The .290" is SKU: 632SQ-S (http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/Wilson-Combat-Battlesight-Flat-Square-Notch-Serrated-Blade-290-Beretta-92FS_96FS/productinfo/632SQ%2DS/)

The .305" is SKU: 819SQ-S (http://shopwilsoncombat.com/mobile/Wilson-Combat-Battlesight-Flat-Square-Notch-Serrated-Blade-305-Beretta-92FS_96FS/productinfo/819SQ%2DS/)

As for the "copy", I'm not going to get too bent out of shape over that, right now, even though folks think I should. I know it is just "copy-n-paste" stuff that could be changed later...

On 2/6/2017 at 8:24 PM, shaun paterson said:

Awesome thanks for the update Les.

Out of interest what would the correct height for a "top of the blade" sight picture for a vertec slide

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know the stock FS height on a vertec... Could you measure that? From the top of the slide to the top of the sight (not including the dovetail).

If the FS is .140"T, then a .305" rear should do top-of-blades at 7-15yards and ~1" high at 25 yards.

• 2 years later...