Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stung by a yellow jacket

GARD72977

I'm not going to use this as an excuse but it really happend. I was up next for the classifier and put my hand on a table. I was stung on my strong hand. What are the chances of this happening. 

Edited by GARD72977

Different people have different reactions to stings of bees/wasps.

For me

yellow jacket or honey bee -- what was that, oh, a bee

wasp - oh, dang that thing itches like crazy

white faced hornet - like being shot with an air nailer loaded with red hot nails.  Nothing like it, can't run away from it, can't make it stop the burning, stabbing pain soon enough.

mud dauber - hurts a little, then the area starts to go numb, can't use my hand/fingers, just don't want to bend, grab, etc. for a period of time.

I absolutely hate those white faced hornets.  I remember my grandma burning them out of the bushes, trees, off the sides of the house and sheds at home.   One sting was enough to make you want all of them wiped out.  Their only redeeming feature is catching/killing flies and wasps.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎4‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 7:06 AM, Lilmick said:

Yellow jackets are no joke, in swell up like a balloon. I can only imagine trying to shoot a COF with a big Shrek hand lol.

I got hit my 3 red wasp at a bbq cook-off a few weeks back...then cut off part of my finger...good times lol

the bench

24 minutes ago, Hi-Power Jack said:

Hope this is a joke ???

nope! was standing in the "ready to slice brisket position" while talking to a buddy that stopped by..old guy from another team tripped and feel on me..12" slicer bit half way through the end of my support hand thumb...me and my sister stitched it back together...its healing fast, but still hurts lol

the bench

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

While driving with the window down and my elbow on the sill some years ago, I had one get sucked up my sleeve and proceed to sting me multiple times in the armpit. Holy bejeezus!! Scared my wife to death-two wheel turn into a parking lot and jumped out squealing and tearing my shirt off. I still think I saw her laughing.

While driving with the window down and my elbow on the sill some years ago, I had one get sucked up my sleeve and proceed to sting me multiple times in the armpit. Holy bejeezus!! Scared my wife to death-two wheel turn into a parking lot and jumped out squealing and tearing my shirt off. I still think I saw her laughing.

Worked with a guy, he never had a severe reaction before. Had this happen, pulled over, called home said he didn't feel right, died.

I seem to get stung every year or two. Hate 'em all. I do seem to react very slow though, on deck I could probably get through a stage before agony.

Sent from my SM-G360V using Tapatalk

Oooo that's nasty and it's an awesome excuse.  I haven't been stung in years but I was allergic as a kid.  I don't plan on testing that out again.  Multiple stings in the armpit...ouch.  

I remember one of my first jobs was a landscaper.  I got into a fire ant nest and didn't realize it until they were all over my legs.  I took my pants off...in the daytime...in a client's parking lot.  No I didn't care who saw me.  That hurt.  

• 2 months later...

Carolina Classic this weekend. Shot Friday evening and got stung by bee shutting tail gate on the truck. Right smack in the middle of the middle finger joint at the palm, on the inside of the hand.

Add beesting and my normal first course jitters and I shot the worst match since I have started... Just could not get my head back in the game, between the throbbing and this being my first state level match, it was horrible.

Still had fun and they put on an EXCELLENT match. Great group of people.

On 11/27/2016 at 4:03 PM, GARD72977 said:

I'm not going to use this as an excuse but it really happend. I was up next for the classifier and put my hand on a table. I was stung on my strong hand. What are the chances of this happening. 

The chances of this happening are precisely 50/50. It could have been your weak hand. ;)

On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, Broncman said:

Carolina Classic this weekend. Shot Friday evening and got stung by bee shutting tail gate on the truck. Right smack in the middle of the middle finger joint at the palm, on the inside of the hand.

Add beesting and my normal first course jitters and I shot the worst match since I have started... Just could not get my head back in the game, between the throbbing and this being my first state level match, it was horrible.

Still had fun and they put on an EXCELLENT match. Great group of people.

I didn't see any yellow jackets thankfully. I don't think you were alone, someone posted somewhere about getting hit by one on the bridge stage.