Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Automating Casepro100 100

On 12/18/2016 at 9:04 AM, cbrussell said:

Thanks for the heads up; I will give Mike a call. Is he using a variation of the PW setup or one of his own design? Either way, I think I would prefer his set-up rather than futzing around with one myself. I am not nearly as handy as some of the guys on this site.

I'd call it his own design.  I'll try to remember to snap a picture of it tonight.  Don't have one on the phone.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a PW driven CP I bought here a few years ago. It runs 100% for my rifle cases, but I have to use springs and endless tweaking to get only descent reliability on pistol cases. I've been working with Mike and I think we're close to resolving the issue. He's been great to work with. I'm no where near as sophisticated as JMorris or some others here, so I recommend that if you want to automate yours, buy Mike's. There are a handful of modifications he does to automate the unit.

I use the PW auto drive on my CasePro and am very happy.

I consider it a huge timesaver as I no longer feel like I have to gauge check loaded ammo.

Since I started roll sizing all my handgun brass I have not had a single issue with ammo that points to bad brass.

I have a PW driven CP I bought here a few years ago. It runs 100% for my rifle cases, but I have to use springs and endless tweaking to get only descent reliability on pistol cases. I've been working with Mike and I think we're close to resolving the issue. He's been great to work with. I'm no where near as sophisticated as JMorris or some others here, so I recommend that if you want to automate yours, buy Mike's. There are a handful of modifications he does to automate the unit.

Does he modify the Case Pro itself? Does that mean that if I want to buy Mike's autodrive some time down the road I will have to send him the Case Pro for him to retrofit it?

No to modifying the unit. He sells an aluminum support that goes over the shell plate housing (same black plastic housing piece on the S1050). It adds support to prevent breaking the CP housing, if there is a serious jam. He also has a piece that keeps the cases from being sucked back into the die and jamming the system. JMorris has a fix for this, but I wasn't savvy enough to figure out what he did. I thinks that's about it, other than adjusting the the arm between the slide and motor assembly. I haven't received my parts yet, so can't speak to everything. A lot of people here have added various versions of automation to their CP's with success.

• 5 weeks later...