Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

RTS3?

Sarge

2 hours ago, Chutist said:

Just had a "Black Friday" email from Shooters Connection with $100 off the RTS2 $319 rather than $419 - moving out inventory?

This is what I'm wondering as well. BUT that's only $10 less than I could buy it for from SC already so maybe not? 

I think I'm going to get one if I don't see a DPP on sale somewhere.

3 minutes ago, Sarge said:

This is what I'm wondering as well. BUT that's only $10 less than I could buy it for from SC already so maybe not? 

I think I'm going to get one if I don't see a DPP on sale somewhere.

ah... I didn't know it was already close to that price, I'm not shooting open at the moment. ;)  I will have to start paying some attention, I'm thinking about giving CO a go! :D

Check B&H Photo and Amazon for some very good DPP prices. I just bought one for $429 to get Prime but prices were as low as $385 (Amazon). If you don't know B&H they are a very good New York camera store that has expanded into optics and electronics. Best of the NY camera stores for years

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, AZGunut said:

I am honestly amazed that anyone would trust or buy a RTS3 or 2 after the failure rate/upgrade situation with the entire RTS line. The Leupold DP2 is much better in all regards and now cheaper as well.  

There are a few things the RTS2 does better than the DPP:  Larger/brighter dot (8 MOA RTS2 vs. 2.5 MOA DPP), more vertical window height (4mm), and it sits lower due to a thinner base,  A lot of folks will argue that the 2.5 MOA dot on the DPP is bright enough to make up for the smaller size, but that's not my experience.

I do like the easy change battery, superior windage/elevation adjustments, and reliability of the DPP, but the RTS2 gets me on target quicker and I have fewer issues with losing the dot.  Version 4 has been perfectly reliable in my experience.  

Sarge, you get that price since you are on our sponsorship program for wearing our shirt. That was set up years ago and hasn't changed.

I have not heard of an RTS3. There is a new model of the original cmore on the drawing board but is over a year out at least.

The only reasoning behind that BF deal was I was prompted by a few people to do one so I picked some items and set pricing to create a frenzy which is what a BF sale is about. Unfortunately this industry does not have profit margins anywhere close to those of the big box stores. They may have 80% profit in clothing and many times will run a loss leader to get people in on electronics and such. So that's what I did on the 6moa rts2 and we sold out. No conspiracy on running inventory low for a new model.

• 3 weeks later...
On December 12, 2016 at 1:25 PM, chuckbradley said:

Sarge, you get that price since you are on our sponsorship program for wearing our shirt. That was set up years ago and hasn't changed.

I have not heard of an RTS3. There is a new model of the original cmore on the drawing board but is over a year out at least.

The only reasoning behind that BF deal was I was prompted by a few people to do one so I picked some items and set pricing to create a frenzy which is what a BF sale is about. Unfortunately this industry does not have profit margins anywhere close to those of the big box stores. They may have 80% profit in clothing and many times will run a loss leader to get people in on electronics and such. So that's what I did on the 6moa rts2 and we sold out. No conspiracy on running inventory low for a new model.

On December 12, 2016 at 1:25 PM, chuckbradley said:

Unfortunately missed the sale and now in a position ( gift certs ) to finally ordere an 6moa and mount..  Any idea when you will re-stock??  still showing Out of stock :(

• 2 weeks later...