Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC Training

konkapot

I'm a fairly experienced pistol shooter and have been working on PCC for a couple months now. My training sessions feel......off. Not focused, and almost like I'm not doing appropriate drills for PCC.

Match performance with the PCC is weak also.

What are PCC shooters doing in livefire sessions? What skillsets, drills, etc.

I've not shot a USPSA PCC match yet, but I do the same drills I do for Open.

Lots of dry fire following  the Ben Stoeger book and some of the same in live fire.  I'm getting comfortable with the first shot from low ready but reloads are a long way from feeling right.

It will just take some time.

To do well in PCC is simple, don't be scared to go fast. Shooting on the move, shooting while exiting, shooting while getting into position, learn what your PCC gun does when you pull on a double tap at 5, 7,10,20,25 yards. Can you keep in the Azone at 25 pulling the trigger as fast as you can? if not, what happens if you grip the hand-guard even harder? how fast are your transition from target to target, are you waiting for the "A" sight picture or you going and ripping. 

If I'm in  indoor range, I'll try to setup 2 IPSC targets next to each other and practice transitions between the 2 at various distance, if I can get only one lane I'll practice getting headshots only at 25 yards with a par of 1 sec from the low ready. If outdoor practice moving and shooting, how fast can you move, how fast do you need to shoot if moving sprinting, how fast you need to shoot if your at a low prowl. All I can say learn to just shoot on the move. Anyone can shoot a PCC gun fast while standing still, the ones that will win are the ones that are shooting fast moving fast.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

On a slight tangent, but close enough I didn't want to post a new thread:

Any individuals / groups doing PCC specific USPSA courses?  We've got several options here in DFW for game pistol training (though we could always use more), but all of the rifle courses are military slanted, not gaming, and emphasize things I don't personally care about - shooting from cover, tactical concealment, etc.  Not interested in any course where a plate carrier is optional equipment.

PCC interest is surging here, and any competent instructor who puts together a course (perhaps similar to Stoeger's 2 day fundamentals course) will get plenty of interest.  Is there already something out there that I just can't find?  I'm not flying to one, but anything in the Texas / OK area is good to go.

Learning 30 seconds at a time on match day is a slow way to do it.

Edited by NervousEnergy