Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Testing the water RFO

AzShooter

I've been shooting the SCSA local matches for years with my revolvers.  I'm now planning on trying it with a Ruger Mark III that my son is giving me.  Love t hat kid.

I'm thinking of mounting a C-More on it like all my other open guns.   Other than that what accessories are recommended?  Where to get them?  I've tried Midway and Brownells but I'm sure there are many other places to get the added mag pouches, holsters etc. 

Any Ideas are welcome.

Well, you don't need mag pouches OR a holster, so I wouldn't worry about it much.  :)  Extra magazines:  pretty much anywhere.

I would strongly suggest, however, yanking out the magazine disconnect and putting a MK II bushing in, along with a Volquartsen hammer and sear.  You will like the gun MUCH better with those few (and inexpensive) changes.

I second the bushing and sear.  They will cut you trigger weight in half.  I'd add a new trigger as well, VQ makes them for MKIIIs I think.  You can then adjust the pre and post travel.  RimEdge makes a nice optic mount with or without a thumbrest.

Edited by Andyk

I agree with the above posts.  You will like the Ruger a lot more with some of the trigger work suggested.  I like the Volquartsen stuff myself.  I shot with the c more sights and have found that I do a lot better with the large moa (I am a super senior and the old eyes are not what they used to be) I shoot the 16 moa.  Most guys that I talk to about this tell me "that's got to be too large" - then after they take a look at it tell me that they are getting a new module for their c more and changing to a 12 or 16 moa.  I use the c more with the railway mounts.  I also like the Volquartsen Volthane grips - also something you have to try and see if you like them.  At first glance they appear quite large, but are very comfortable and work well in warmer weather = I shoot mostly in Florida.  Good luck with your new pistol