Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Open 19911 slides breech face or cut bushing notch, who?

mikeAZ

You may check with Gary Natale (Gans Guns) and see if he does that sort of thing. He's got pretty quick turnaround and he's a great machinist. Or just start calling around to the usual suspects see whose willing to take on a small job like that. Most are probably pretty busy with off season builds though

Edited by js1130146

Anyone have EDM wire cutting knowledge?... Maybe I'm looking at  the wrong trade  (gunsmith/machinist)?...Is EDM wire cutting possible?...I've emailed several gunsmiths so far, they are  busy or don't wish to do this......Probably  just buy a 40 S&W 1911 slide.

Hello: I think you would be better off getting another slide. Faster way to get on with your project. The breech face could be wire cut edm'd but the setup would take some time from a machine shop to do it. I had SVI cut a bushing groove for me years ago but it was on one of their slides. Check with EGW and see if they can do it or even Caspian. Thanks, Eric

If you're handy and very patient, you can do it yourself. I did a series 80 Colt's 9mm slide to .40 S&W using Swiss files. Probably took an hour total. You're only looking at about .015 to take off on each side. I got a prize table 40 barrel at the '94 nationals to show how long ago this was. Works fine on my production Para to this day.