Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

How many magazines

Garmil

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For me, the ideal quiver is two 170s and four 140s.  That will take care of any classifier and gives an extra 170 in case one goes sour.  Having said that I have shot an entire match using only one 170mm mag.  So,as a minimum I'd say three mags with at least one being a 170mm.

I dumped all 140's and only run 155's and 170's.  155's seem to have no purpose on the surface, but to me they've made 140's obsolete.  For major matches I step up to the line with 3 155's and 1 170 or 2 of each.  For locals I find myself running just 2 155's and a 170 per stage or 2 170's and 1 155.  I keep 4 of each in my range bag.

22 minutes ago, theWacoKid said:

I dumped all 140's and only run 155's and 170's.  155's seem to have no purpose on the surface, but to me they've made 140's obsolete.  For major matches I step up to the line with 3 155's and 1 170 or 2 of each.  For locals I find myself running just 2 155's and a 170 per stage or 2 170's and 1 155.  I keep 4 of each in my range bag.

Do the 155s really load as quick as 140s though?

I use 3 170s all the time... I've had matches where I had to use all of them because of different reasons such fumbling/dropping/accidental hitting mag button and all kinds of other things.. I like to play it safe due to bad past experiences..... I also have a fourth 170 for practice.

Garmil, didn't that caspian you bought come with mags?  Do the 170's work?  How about your 140's? If some of those work then you could be

I already have reliable (New style Caspian) mags for my Caspian, but want to try the MBX and just ordered 2 -170s and 2-140s to run for a while.  If they work out well I'll buy some more.  

Hello: I would buy one 170mm and 3 140mm mags. I am finding I am using more 140mm mags now since the stages are setup more for single stack or production now. I know some who use all 170mm mags as well. Which one do you load faster and more accurately? Thanks, Eric

6 minutes ago, ScottieShootz said:

I'm going to order 1 more mag for open, but I'm stuck if I want to try a 155 or stay with the 140. Thinking a 155 as an alternate starting mag instead of a 170.

I am trying to decide that same question...

Do the 155s really load as quick as 140s though?

We have a few gm's that shoot at our club and it's a mix. Kincade Ross tried the 155's and didn't like them but he has thousands of hours of practice with the 140's

I'm a B class nobody but for me I like to start 170 and reload to 155 for the 30,31,32 round stages

I get a better seat with the 155's.

1 hour ago, Mhall said:

I am trying to decide that same question...

I currently have no issues loading to a 170 if a stage has me starting with a 140.  I'm just not sure if the 155 will fill the need to load to instead of the 170 or not.  If it doesn't, I'm affraid I'd end up never using the dang thing and its a waste of money.