Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What safety for SP01 if I want to be in Limitied and ESP?

JesseM

I have a SP01 I got in a trade that has the ambi safety levers. My hand is not large enough to reach it though so I want to put the largest extended safety on it I can while still being legal for IDPA's ESP and USPSA's Limited. I don't know that I'll ever actually shoot it in either I just want to know that I can if I want to.

First question what safety is that?

Second question how hard is it to install? Will there be any "fitting" required?

Since the SP-01 has a full length steel dustcover, it is only legal in ESP when it is kept in SSP legal condition.  That means the safety must be OEM equipment on the SP-01 or another CZ that is also SSP legal, like an SP-01 or 75 Shadow.  The Shadow safety has the longest shelf that is legal in SSP.  I understand  your pain.  The CZC extended safety works great for those of us who could use longer thumbs, however it is not legal in SSP. It is legal in ESP, if it is installed on a CZ 75b or 75 Shadow (they have the short dustcover and can be modified with aftermarket parts).

http://czcustom.com/cz-75-safety-shadow-lhs-d-style.html  legal for an SP-01 to use in ESP.

Edited by fastlane604