Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Trubor comp enhancements

Acsr

I know brazos has  the thunder comp which is a trubor t2 comp with some holes drilled at 3 and 9,as well as some more material out  of chambers in the other sections, would like some actual feed back from those who have shot both,  is there a noticeable difference, could some on drill holes in standard trubor comp and is it worth it and accomplish the wanted results? 

My take is you're going to get a lot further and much more bang for the effort by leaving the compensator alone and going to popple holes.  I've been through 4 comps now and while each one does the job it's the popples that seem to make the real difference.  Massaging on a comp is going to give you marginal gains because you're doing work where the least amount of energy is left to be manipulated.  And if the comp design is already good it's leaving even less meat on the bone.

Edited by theWacoKid

Hello: I would lighten the slide first and see how that works for you. The Brazos comp actually works very well but it does throw gas out the sides for an RO deflector effect. I would not drill side ports in the Tru Bor comp since it is a different design than Bob's Brazos comp. Thanks, Eric

I ha be a Brazos thunder comp 2 for my 38supercomp. At first it didn't feel much of an difference when I loaded 7.8 grains of WAC compared to The 9mm major I was shooting with a smaller comp and using 6.9 gr of WAC.  Both were loaded with a 124 gr MG JHP.  it wasn't until Benny hill told me to use 11.5 gr of Accurate #7 on a 115 gr MG JHP is when I really noticed the difference on how the comp works. I guess I wasn't putting enough gas through the comp to make it work the way it's meant to be. That flattened my gun out a lot.   As for popple holes,  I don't have any on my gun so perhaps that might make it even flatter. By the way I have never tried the trubor comp so I can't compare it but I do like the thunder comp a lot. 

I am currently running 10.3 of aa7 I have loaded autocomp aND cfe pistol but am liking the aa7 but I am shooting 124 bullets, have not tried anything but 124 in my gun

Edited by Acsr
Auto correct