Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA to get better at USPSA

RayUSPSA81

On 4/21/2019 at 10:06 AM, RangerTrace said:

I shot USPSA for about 8 years before I shot my first IDPA match.  I like IDPA purely from a lazy standpoint.  You can go shoot, have a good time and really don't have to put much thought into it.  As they say...I Don't Practice Anymore = IDPA.

I agree, it is pretty lazy - get told exactly how to shoot.

I like IDPA mainly because it gives me a reason to shoot all of the non-competitive pistols I have. I save actively trying to be competitive for USPSA.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

IDPA will not make you a better USPSA shooter. Shooting USPSA will make you a better IDPA shooter. As mentioned elsewhere in this thread, shoot Steel Challenge to increase your accuracy at speed.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

IDPA is another excuse for me to hear the gun go bang.  I have no visions of being a world champion, just want to have some fun.  No doubt the strategy is different but its fun to change up how you approach the stages.  

7 hours ago, shred said:

Years (and many IDPA rule changes) ago, Todd Jarrett recommended shooting IDPA as a way to improve match accuracy for hosers.  I have no idea if he still recommends that.

There are some badass USPSA folks who also shoot IDPA...BJ, Robbie, and Mike to name a few.  The nice thing about IDPA is that gaming is pretty much removed.  So the guy who shoots the fastest and most accurately wins.