Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone tried these bullets? HS Bullets

ArrDave

http://hsbullets.com/products/9mm-125gr-rn-356-diameter-3500-count

Seems like a pretty good deal, looks like a pretty good profile.  I don't know of anybody who shoots them so I am seeing if any of you guys are out there.  What does it plunk/spin at, particularly in CZ's if anybody's out there with em. 

Acceptable quality on the level with Bayou, Acme, SNS, etc? 

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that Acme comparisson, I was hoping for something that I could load a little bit longer that would feed a little easier in my CZ's.  I load the acmes so short that they hit on the feed ramp pretty hard, sometimes when hand cycling the slide will pause before going into battery.  I had a couple unloaded starts at my last match and i was nervous that it'd stall going into battery.  

I have several friends I shoot with that have used his bullets from 9 up 45 and his 44 they all have been pleased and since he is local they just pick up at his house.  He is s stay at home dad because his son is a spec needs kid and doing bullets out of his garage allows him time to be with his son.  Everyone says he's a great guy and will talk you to death if you let him. I'd say buy with confidence. 

• 2 weeks later...

I picked some of these up recently. I haven't had a chance to shoot them yet as I'm finishing up some bayous right now.

I ordered around noon and had shipping notification within a couple hours and received them two days later.

His prices are already low and with free shipping it was a no brainer.

I will be trying these with TG.

• 1 month later...

Update, ordered a case.  I've not loaded any yet, but measured and weighed 10 of the 125 RN projectiles. 

They are remarkably consistent.  The length is most consistent I've seen .580 to .5825.  Diameter is mostly .356 with some at 3.555.  Weight varies between 124.5 to 126.4 - pretty good for cast.  Only 2 of 10 were below 125.  

Coating appears consistent.  Very very consistent projectiles.  Pretty impressive, actually. 

Edited by ArrDave

On 1/18/2017 at 8:30 PM, bsand said:

You guys sold me on HS bullets. Anyone got any 124 gr 9mm recipes? I usually use CFE pistol powder and win or SB primers

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

In my gun (Shadow) - I am loading 1.060 with 3.7 grains of Prima V, I've not chrono'd it yet, but with ACMES at 1.055 that load netted a 130 PF from my slow shadow, 131 in my fast one.   In my experience TG and Prima V have very comparable burn rates.  

On 12/2/2016 at 8:54 AM, bigboredad said:

I have several friends I shoot with that have used his bullets from 9 up 45 and his 44 they all have been pleased and since he is local they just pick up at his house.  He is s stay at home dad because his son is a spec needs kid and doing bullets out of his garage allows him time to be with his son.  Everyone says he's a great guy and will talk you to death if you let him. I'd say buy with confidence. 

Yup.  I have sold him some lead before.  Great guy to deal with on that end.