• 1 month later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 1/21/2017 at 3:29 PM, fireman1776 said:

I was able to shoot these today. I used 3.7 grains of TG. Little to no smoke compared to bayous.

These are my new bullets.

Fireman, what is your OAL with this load please?

Fireman, what is your OAL with this load please?

~1.130

After shooting these more and watching some video, they do produce some smoke but it doesn't seem as much. I've also been shooting outdoors a lot but I don't notice the smoke much.

Also I haven't chronoed these loads. I just know that they function very reliably in my glocks. I'm on my second order of 1,000 bullets and don't plan on switching.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So i emailed them about getting a sample of the 124gr to try in my open gun. Seeing that i have been using BBI in it and have no issues, i was surprised to get the answer " due to liability we can not reccomend them in a open gun"  from them.  don't know what liabilty would be involved. 

anyone use the 124 in their open gun?

21 hours ago, Sandbagger123 said:

So i emailed them about getting a sample of the 124gr to try in my open gun. Seeing that i have been using BBI in it and have no issues, i was surprised to get the answer " due to liability we can not reccomend them in a open gun"  from them.  don't know what liabilty would be involved. 

All ive ever used them in. 185PF and no smoke or leading. 

• 2 weeks later...
I just ordered 500 of these to try, they look very nice.

Can anyone chime in on the consistency of the coating? From the pictures anyway, it looks top notch.

They are really consistent, but smoke a bit much for me. Ive switched to blue bullets by recommendation of some local shooters. Comparing the two, the HS coating looks more uniform but not as thick as blue bullets.

I'm hoping the blue bullets are less smokey.

That being said the last 500 rounds I loaded up of hs bullets has been flawless. Just a bit smokey when firing 14 shots from one position. I had 4 targets from one shooting area, then gamed the stage by taking the next 3 targets from same area. 14 shots later and I was in a bluish cloud of gunsmoke.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, bsand said:

They are really consistent, but smoke a bit much for me. Ive switched to blue bullets by recommendation of some local shooters. Comparing the two, the HS coating looks more uniform but not as thick as blue bullets.

I'm hoping the blue bullets are less smokey.

That being said the last 500 rounds I loaded up of hs bullets has been flawless. Just a bit smokey when firing 14 shots from one position. I had 4 targets from one shooting area, then gamed the stage by taking the next 3 targets from same area. 14 shots later and I was in a bluish cloud of gunsmoke.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Okay, good to know, thanks.

I was going to try some blue's but it appears that they size them at .355 for 9. I've always shot .356 in cast which work well in my gun so I didn't want to mess with the mojo.

Edited by jschweg

On 1/18/2017 at 0:54 PM, fireman1776 said:

f2fbe81d524c42666c16783314e8145e.jpg

I like the coating on these better than the bayou. It doesn't leave my hand/glove red like the bayous. I'm hoping to fire them this weekend. Of course that will be the ultimate test.

What?  I've loaded lots of Bayou and never had the coating come off on my hands or anything else...but I think I've only ever used his green.  If Bayou red was coming off, I wonder if they had an issue / you got a bad batch that wasn't properly baked?  I've shot some of H&S's 147gr 9mm, and haven't decided what to go with for future 147gr orders.  In .45, his 230gr RNFP shape is odd and has to be loaded really short.  That's one I won't buy again unless he changes molds.

I bought 1k 147 9 and 1k 180 40.  The 147 were about 2 grains over which I have found is pretty common. They loaded up and shot quite accurately. 

The 180 were short 1 to 2 grains which is odd as every cast 180 I have weighed has been 1 or 2 grains over.  They loaded and shot like any other .

The coating was quite good and uniform .  No bare spots .  Shipping was quick 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2017 at 0:40 PM, Sandbagger123 said:

My open gun didn't like it, schuemann barrel  9mm major, no matter I've tried shoots everywhere. My open gun likes acme bullet shoots accurate.

His machine arrived today and he'll be back up and running this coming week. I think he has a small backlog but he will most likely start taking orders.

I've been shooting H&S for about a year now, 125's and 147's, most run a couple grains over which can help you out on the chrono stage.

• 2 weeks later...
His machine arrived today and he'll be back up and running this coming week. I think he has a small backlog but he will most likely start taking orders.

I've been shooting H&S for about a year now, 125's and 147's, most run a couple grains over which can help you out on the chrono stage.

Unfortunately, I think his new casting machine is now down as well. Bad Luck.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

On 4/22/2017 at 11:27 PM, jschweg said:

Unfortunately, I think his new casting machine is now down as well. Bad Luck.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Yeah I saw that as well :(  I'm going to have to place an order with BBI or Leatherhead bullets.

• 3 weeks later...

H&S is up and running again, FYI. I loaded up and shot 300 of the 147gr 9mm and they are really exceptional. Not to disparage any of the other coated brands but I feel like these are a step up. The coating is extremely uniform and shipping is crazy fast and free.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
On 3/21/2017 at 4:57 PM, njl said:

What?  I've loaded lots of Bayou and never had the coating come off on my hands or anything else...but I think I've only ever used his green.  If Bayou red was coming off, I wonder if they had an issue / you got a bad batch that wasn't properly baked?  I've shot some of H&S's 147gr 9mm, and haven't decided what to go with for future 147gr orders.  In .45, his 230gr RNFP shape is odd and has to be loaded really short.  That's one I won't buy again unless he changes molds.

I saw in another thread recently, it was said Bayou had changed ownership.  Googling for that, I found this article from March 2017 saying it had happened "not long ago"...and based on the timing...I wonder if your bayou bullets that were shedding color were an early batch under new ownership, and they screwed up the production process?