Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Fiocchi Slugs

Religious Shooter

I use the 1 oz. slugs in my M1, but they wouldn't cycle in my 1919. The 7/8 oz. slugs have a bit more powder behind them and cycle the 1919 most of the time, but shoot like crap in my M1. The Federal tru-ball low recoil cycle everything I've tried them in and with good accuracy, so am buying those from now on.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/586260/federal-premium-vital-shok-low-recoil-ammunition-12-gauge-2-3-4-1-oz-truball-hollow-point-rifled-slug-box-of-5

I'm suggesting you try a box of everything before stocking up.

I use a 930 so my results might be different but the Fiocchi 3G cycles great for me and is accurate as well.  Very low recoil.  I need to do a side by side comparison again, but they seemed like they might have even less recoil than Walmart bulk boxes of #7.5

I use the fiocchi 7/8 ounce as per recommendation of Mike at accurate iron in my gun. They have shot GREAT out of my gun and been 100% reliable and accurate out of my gun. I couldn't buy any low recoil slugs locally so I had to go and hope to get something that shot well, ordered them from midway and luckily they shot well. These are the ones:

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1836644566/fiocchi-low-recoil-ammunition-12-gauge-2-3-4-7-8-oz-aero-rifled-slug

I shoot around 1000 slugs a year and have shot the 7/8 and 1 oz  Fiocchi slugs exclusively...That being said I like the 1 oz over the 7/8.  They always run my inertia driven M2, are super soft, and accurate as I could ever ask for.