Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

You don't have to wear Salomon's, you know.

MemphisMechanic

Academy had a pair of Adidas on sale for $40 this weekend. Some pretty good deals on trail shoes are around as it gets too cold for them to be in demand... and these aren't brightly colored clown shoes either.

I find Adidas to typically be half the price of Salomon's, and more comfortable for an E-width foot. This will be my third pair of their trail shoes.

IMG_2269.JPG

IMG_2271.JPG

Edited by MemphisMechanic

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah Adidas has some great offerings in trail shoes at pretty much any price point. I'd like to know how they hold up for you. I need to get something new for next season and I've given up on Salomon's because they fall apart way too fast for the price.

27 minutes ago, Jay870 said:

Yeah Adidas has some great offerings in trail shoes at pretty much any price point. I'd like to know how they hold up for you. I need to get something new for next season and I've given up on Salomon's because they fall apart way too fast for the price.

My last pair was the Adidas Trail KA, also at $40.

I ran 7 tough mudders in them (each one 10-12 miles of wear and tear you wouldn't believe) and shot in them for a full season. They're still structurally perfect, seams soles and all.

I only wanted to replace them because getting drenched and then drying them out  (in mud runs) over and over eventually shrunk them 1/2 a size and they're now just slightly too small.

Huge fan of their shoes if you're going to use them hard.

Edited by MemphisMechanic

After finding out I didn't like the fit of the Speedcross 4's, I bought a pair of these:

3367651-p-4x.jpg

They have a neoprene gusset that keeps a lot of dirt and debris out, DWR coating that is water resistant, plus they are more comfortable that the Speedcross or Fellrasier, to me.  They are less than the Speedcross CS/GTX, but more than $40.

I got a pair similar to that is some funky purple with blaze orange accents, fugly as hell and I don't have to worry about them getting stolen out of the back of my pickup

ive been using them for over a year and have no complaints, it light, has good grip on loose surfaces and comfortable 

the only down side is addias is all over the place on sizing, I have extra wide feet and I've gone up half a size on to get a comfortable fit, I've tried on other shoes by them with a similar sole pattern and they were way to narrow

8 minutes ago, davidwiz said:

I shot a major multi-day 3 gun match a few months ago wearing only Converse Chuck Taylors, placed 5th on one stage and was able to pick up a suppressor gift certificate off of the prize table, so I don't think it was the shoes.

It can depend on the range surface, for sure.  There is one local range where I could wear Chucks (or any other shoe with a flat sole) and be fine, but there are others where I slide all around with running/tennis shoes.  A thin layer of red clay and/or sand over a hard packed ground can be disastrous when you're moving fast and your shoes don't have a lot of traction.  It's just easier to have "match shoes" and wear them to every match.

Hello: Asics can be bought in very wide sizes. I have a couple of pairs of Salomon's and they are a couple of years old. They have held up well. I also have some old Adidas football shoes and baseball shoes. Whatever shoes you buy make sure they are comfortable right away. We are on our feet a long time at the range and on some different types of terrain. If your feet hurt you will not be happy. Thanks, Eric

I have wide feet, I bought Salomon
fellraisers because of the width, and sale price... ($33)... I still prefer the Nike ACG's I have better, but I rotate them. Adidas makes great stuff, thanks for the info on those, I'll snag a pair soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 11/21/2016 at 6:31 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

Academy had a pair of Adidas on sale for $40 this weekend. Some pretty good deals on trail shoes are around as it gets too cold for them to be in demand... and these aren't brightly colored clown shoes either.

I find Adidas to typically be half the price of Salomon's,

False information.

My Salomon is cheaper than $40.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Mens-Salomon-Speedcross-3-Athletic-Running-Sports-Outdoor-Hiking-Shoes-/222312928546?var=&hash=item33c2e21522:m:m2K9P0Awy9GkufTyJda0_ew

I were Salomon's at work and on the range because of the comfort. I can were them for 16-18 hours with no foot or hip problems when I go home. I don't care who makes the shoes that can do that I will wear them. Thanks for the information.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

18 minutes ago, Sliv2 said:

I thought the Adidas were uncomfortable to the point of being silly. I went with Innov8 mudclaws. Cheaper and better than the Salomons.

I've heard good things about the Innov8 shoes, but I love the way Adias's fit my feet. I'm a 10.5 E (wide) and wear an 11 in the above shoes.