Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vitamin D

Bill T

There is no way to measure Vitamin D levels other than blood work to my knowledge.  Taking 10,000 IUs a day is really a no brainer to maintain proper levels.  Once you are on a dosage use the blood work to tweak your supplementation.  

Every year you should get a physical where you should be looking at a variety of factors and Vitamin D is one of the priorities.  If you find yourself constantly sick, most likely you have low Vitamin D levels.  Now that I have my Vitamin D levels correct I rarely get ill.  My elevated Vitamin D levels also helped fight off COVID.  It seemed like a mild flue. 

Edited by Boomstick303

• 1 month later...

If you're taking a lot of D3 then don't forget to add K2 vitamins. 

K2 activates brain proteins that not only help control calcium’s potential to do damage, but also support brain cell maturation, survival, and electrical conduction.

Outside the brain, uncontrolled calcium can form stony deposits in the heart valves, large arteries, and elsewhere in the body. Vitamin K2 proteins help direct calcium away from the brain, heart, blood vessels, and other soft tissues and towards the bone, teeth, and nails that need it. K2 also is essential for the coagulation processes required for healthy wound healing.

On 6/30/2023 at 2:45 PM, BritinUSA said:

If you're taking a lot of D3 then don't forget to add K2 vitamins. 

I used to take K when I was a kid to help prevent nose bleeds. They would start without warning and some would take an hour or better to stop. When I added the K they almost stopped all together. You have to eat something with it though or it’ll cramp you up like a bad burrito.