Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Converting Para from .45 to 9mm

pm07

Has anyone done this?  I'm thinking of going this route to save money vs. buying a STI etc. This particular Para is set up exactly how I would need it, short dust cover railed frame wise. Just want to get rid on my .45 and get to one caliber across the board. What would be involved ? New barrel, slide, ejector being fitted along with new mags?

Edited by pm07

Probably  be  cheaper  to  start  over  from  scratch.  That  being  said,  a  complete  top  end in 9 plus  mags plus  ejector.  Maybe  you  could  sell  the  . 45  parts to defray  part  of  the  cost.

Richard  

I started to research a similar process: 1911 45 to 9mm. Best deal I could find was Bomar-cut slide from Fusion for about $275, Wilson Barrel for $200.  Then you need all other internals: Firing pin, spring and stop and extractor. Also new ejector. Magazines too. Gunsmith fitting. But you'd have the pistol you want.

I gathered some parts up for this conversion when a fellow competitor offered me his complete pistol and setup so I bought it. Now I have some spare parts if I need them.

This might be worth looking into?.... RIA complete upper in 9mm. They can be had with the ramped Para style barrel on the "  bay"... You might need to fit the slide a bit but no big deal if your handy....The whole upper can be had with either a bull or bushing barrel if you wish . I just picked up the 9mm single stack pistol and am pleasantly surprised by the fit and function, way nice for the $$$$$ . As far as Para style mags in 9mm?... MBX ???..

Edited by mike NM