Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hello from Vantucky Warshington!

ShredJesse

Hey there!

Entirely new to 3-gun but I've got most of what I need and a fair bit of interest. I'm in Vancouver WA / Portland OR area. I've got some questions and a few other things I'm hoping to figure out, so here I am checking in and asking questions before I get going!

I've primarily shot Trap (actual 5 station with a bunkhouse trap) so I am familiar with that and have a Beretta AL391 Xtrema 2 I'll be putting an extended choke tube on for competition. I've got an Adams Arms 14.5" AR-15 configuration I shoot (custom built out lower, but with an AA lower to match) and an ALG ACT trigger. For a handgun I'm waiting on a Canik TP9SF, as it seems like a solid and very affordable full size high capacity handgun for 3 gun.

TBD: Belt configuration to hold everything. Secure holster to be acquired as TP9SF ships with Serpa style which after research is dangerous. Lots of practice to be had as well.

Edited by ShredJesse

I'm not reloading. Thus far I have a ton of bulk ammo, and not enough nearby places to shoot. When I lived on Hood I had a few places to shoot, but now I just know of English pit. I'm not excited to go shoot on Larch Mtn. Heard a lot of horror stories about morons.

I do hit the Vancouver Trap club a decent amount though. I really enjoy shooting trap!

Hah, I hope not!

I've run into idiots shooting all over so I suppose why would Larch be anything special. I remember dirtbiking once coming around a turn and staring down the barrels of a few different people actively shooting down a dirtbike trail... with a sign right next to them!

I've also been shot at up on Clear Lake on Hood. In that particular case the Sheriff came and confiscated all of their firearms as they were drunk and claiming a downhill one foot tall stump they were using was their backdrop... even though beyond the stump was a lake full of people boating.

Those are the kinds of retards I want to avoid...