Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

C More Diode Question

ar15rick

I am thinking of changing the diode on my cmore to use my gun for other type of competions.   Do any of you know if I have to be re-zeroing in the cmore every time i switch the diode? I know there will be a slight difference in aiming if I use for say an 8moa to a 4 moa since the dot is smaller.   What I don't know is if I have to rezero every time i change it out. The reason I ask is because my open gun is set up for 9mm and 38super. I have marked my cmore for both calibers as to where I have to move the sighting screws so it can be sighted in for each caliber. I don't want to be erasing that paint and marking new ones every time. Just asking to see if anyone has had this experience before. 

Thanks

Edited by ar15rick

I've had to change the zero when switching diodes (2 8s, 1 6).  Not always a lot, but definitely adjusted.  Manufacturing tolerances, I would think.  

What I do is zero with one diode on, put on a different one, check the POI, write down the change (and what it would be to go back to the original diode).  It'll get close but will still need fine tuning, like changing scopes on a rifle.

1 hour ago, theWacoKid said:

Most of the times it's close, but you can't expect it to be dead on.

ok thanks. Yea I figured there would need to be some change what I'd don't know if it was going to be way off every time or just a little. I guess I will just stay with the same diode for everything so I won't hbe to be changing much. 

Even if the blocks that hold the LEDs are physically (and optically) identical, they are mounted to a press-fit plastic header that plugs into a press-fit plastic socket on the sight circuit board and held in place by what have been called wood screws into plastic. Rather distant from precision mechanical mounting schemes. Any module-module alignment is purely serendipitous. (see what I did there :D).