Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Swamp Popper Coated Bullets

harleyrider8276

I picked up some 180 gr Swamp Popper Bullets from the Gator Classic.  Watched their videos and it seems to be a pretty legit coating.  Anyone have any experience with these?  They seem to be a new company and new line and I haven't found much information out there.  I have always been a Bayou Bullet shooter but always interested in something else that maybe better.

http://shop.backwatershooters.com/main.sc

I am not affiliated with them in any way but would like to relay my experience with the customer service.  I bought two boxes of 180gr .40 at the Gator Classic and when I went to load some the next week I found that I had made it home with two boxes of 155gr 9mm.  I emailed him and offered to send those back if he'd ship me the 180's or he could bill me for the 155s and ship me the 180s I had already paid for.  He called me back the next day and said he would be shipping me the two boxes of 180s free of charge and I could keep the 155s. 

It was as much my fault as his that I walked away with the wrong boxes.  He stepped up and that earned him a loyal customer. (if they work well in my guns) 

• 2 weeks later...

I have loaded and started shooting the 180s in my 40 call. Chrono'd consistently and the off the bench accuracy at 25 yards 172 PF (956 avg velocity) was 1.5 - 2" from a rest. Tod is a very personable guy and I have no issue recommending him. I am so impressed that I am going to start using his product and promote his Jersey Program. JMHO

Oh I forgot to mention that I too have been using Bayou exclusively and I am planning on trying out the 135s in my Open gun.

Edited by Jammer1911

• 2 weeks later...

I am unaffiliated as well. I bought 1000 180 gn to try in my limited gun. The bullets measure .400, and even though they currently have a lube groove, I was able to load them long. Everything else checks out, they are accurate and the coating seems to be quite good. I have spoken to Todd a few times and in every instance he was more than accommodating. 

If you have any questions on load data, shoot me a PM. 

Edited by inkballedtarget

• 2 weeks later...