Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Recommendations for Open class Caspian HiCap Gunsmith

RobE1010

I am asking for any recommendations or referrals for gunsmiths currently building or working on Caspian HiCap pistols for USPSA/IPSC Open class.

The owner of the shop I manage has offered to purchase both a Caspian HiCap frame and slide for me to build an Open pistol. It will be used to shoot action matches under the shop name for advertising and as a gift :) So, are there any gunsmiths out there specializing or accepting "parts provided" builds for Caspian frame Open guns? Any advice or help is appreciated. 

Edited by RobE1010

Back in the 90's when I had my Caspian open gun built Wayne Bergquist was the guy.  He built a lot of competition stuff on Caspian hicap frames so I chose him.

He is still around and I assume building still.  And he is in Naples so you could drive down and talk with him directly. 

I see you are in Orlando. 

Have you considered contacting Dave Pruitt?  He is in the Longwood area not far for O-town and shoots regularly at Volusia.  

He built a Caspian based open gun for me a few years ago and I have no complaints.  It is a good shooting gat.

caspian goodness1.jpg

Thank you all for the recs and the advice, much appreciated. I actually know Dave Pruitt so I may just reach out to him and see if he can help me out with the build. This will be my first non-2011 based Open rig so I'm looking forward to it. Especially now that MBX is making the dedicated mags for the Caspian/Tanfo platform. Thanks again all!