Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Anyone use silhoutte for 9mm Minor?

sasquatch981

What type of gun? silhouette and cfe pistol are a bit slower burning. better for a compensated gun. I do see people on here using cfe for minor but say it has a little extra snap to it. the Ramshot is probably best out of those for minor (unless gun has compensator). only thing I see bad with the competition is some people have issues with metering. if your powder drop meters it correctly you shouldn't have trouble with accuracy from the powder. you might have an issue someplace else.

I've used Silhouette to load probably 30k minor 9mm rounds.  But always with 124 FMJ or 147 plated.  I do my chrono work in a Shadow.

Shadow, Silhouette, 124 FMj, 5.2grn makes minor.  I would think you would start with about 5.4 and work up on the chrono and groups.

I use Silhouette with a 124gr for my Open 38 SuperComp Tanfoglio Gold Team...love it.
For my Stock 2's and Glock's I run Ramshot Competition 3.1gr with 147gr RN Berry's  makes minor with 10% to spare
(fyi: Chrono was done at 6000' up here in Denver....so your results might differ)
Very Flat....Very Soft.