Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Last Minute Comp repair

Foxbat

Getting ready for the Saturday's match, while cleaning the gun last night, noticed that the comp is loose.  Moves back and forth a bit.  Tightening the set screw made it stop moving, but not sure if it is safe to go to the match that way.  I have the 620 Locktite and the primer, so should I try the last minute repair tonight? 

Is it recommended to run the reamer after locktiting the comp? 

I have found 620 with primer sets up FAST!  Especially if the threads are a tight fit and not sloppy.  I'm talking 30 seconds on close fit threads and it's not moving anymore.  But 620 also holds better than anything else as it's high strength and high temp for filling large gaps.

Align reaming is always recommended after installing a comp once the loctite sets up.  However, if this is a comp that's already been installed and reamed then a re-install should still be fine.

With a set screw set-up that controls the comp's clocking you should be able to assemble quickly and be good.  If you don't have a set screw that controls the clocking then the best way to get it clocked is install the comp with the gun fully assembled and in battery.

Edited by theWacoKid