Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 Mississippi State/Section Championship Series

Mosher, I registered for your production match and no longer have a production gun. I'm full on open now.. any chance I could switch and shoot the open championships :/

sorry for the headache 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, ShortBus said:

Mosher, I registered for your production match and no longer have a production gun. I'm full on open now.. any chance I could switch and shoot the open championships :/

sorry for the headache 

No headache at all, brother.  If you want to shoot I'll find a spot for you.

Just withdraw from production and if you already paid put a note in their you want to apply it to open, and then sign up for the open match and well get square..  The open match is $20 more, fwiw. 

Just now, mosher said:

No headache at all, brother.  If you want to shoot I'll find a spot for you.

Just withdraw from production and if you already paid put a note in their you want to apply it to open, and then sign up for the open match and well get square..  The open match is $20 more, fwiw. 

Just saw the price difference, I'll work on withdrawing and signing up for the open match today. Looking forward to it!!!

Latest update and a few notes:

1. The MS Single Stack and Revolver State Championship is in the books and results below!

2. We've recently changed our multigun affiliation from USPSA to 3GN. 

3. As such, the CQB match will now be sanctioned by 3GN instead of USPSA, will announce details very soon.

4. As there is already a MS 3GN State match for 3-gun being held by another club, we have cancelled plans to host a 3-gun state match in November, and encourage all to attend the MS 3GN State match in July being hosted by Team Magnolia Multigun.

March 26th - Rosco Manufacturing MS Two Gun State Championship  --> Results!
April 30th - MS Single Stack/Revolver State Championship - --> Results!
May 28th - MS L10, PCC, & CO State Championship Registration is open, register now!  --> Register!
June 24-25th - MS Production State ChampionshipRegistration is open, register now! --> Register!

July 22-23rd - CK Arms MS Open State Championship - Registration is open, register now! --> Register!
July 29-30th - MS State NSSF Rimfire Challenge - Registration is open, register now! -> Register!
August 27th - MS CQB State Championship - Details coming soon.
September 23-24th - Freedom Gunworks MS Limited State Championship- Details coming soon.

Edited by mosher

Thanks guys!  I had a blast.  Staff was great and the match was run really well.  Very impressed on beating the weather and how well the match was run.  Thank you for all the hard work.

I thought the stages were excellent and a lot of fun.  Nice warm up for Nats. 

Here's my stage win on 9 which I badly needed after a slow start.

Stage 9 - Surrounded

4 minutes ago, rugerp89ipsc said:

Thanks guys!  I had a blast.  Staff was great and the match was run really well.  Very impressed on beating the weather and how well the match was run.  Thank you for all the hard work.

Stage 9 - Surrounded

Dang.  That's one ugly RO.

16 minutes ago, rugerp89ipsc said:

Stage 9 - Surrounded

Glad you enjoyed it and good to hear it was worth the trip! 

I really hated that we had to skip out on the lunch break but lucky we did and avoided the torrential downpour.  Great shooting by the way, and good luck at Nationals, we'll be rooting for you!

Thank you.  It was a very impressive range and neat club house.  But I was really impressed at what a good job yall did running the match, getting everyone through and getting us wrapped up and on the road before the rain it.  Very good job.

MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT:
The 2017 Mississippi CQB Rifle Championship will be held August 27th, 2017 at Coast Rifle & Pistol Club near Biloxi, MS.

MATCH DETAILS:
The second annual Mississippi CQB Championship match will be five fast paced stages of all paper targets shot in an AM/PM format under 3GN Multigun Rules.  Divisions will be Unlimited Rifle, Unlimited PCC, and Unlimited Rimfire Rifle.

There will be complimentary food available at lunch between sessions in the clubhouse. Awards ceremony and prize drawings at the conclusion of the match in the clubhouse.

Stages will be in the pistol bays, with no target over 25 yards. There will be no mandatory reloads, and stages will not require more than 30 rounds, so minimal gear is needed to compete. 

Just show up with a rifle, a 30 or 40 round magazine, ammo, and of course eye and ear protection and you will be good to go. Recommend 150 rounds, bring more if you plan on missing. Chamber flags required.

Range Master: Clayton Welch
Match Director: Steven Mosher

PRIZE GIVEAWAY:
One Palmetto State Armory AR15 and one Palmetto State Armory 9mm PCC will be given away by random draw at the award ceremony. Need not be present to win.

PLAQUE RECOGNITION:
State Champion in each division, open to MS residents.
1st-3rd place overall in each division, open to everyone.
High Lady, High Senior, High Super Senior, and High Junior in each division.

ELIGIBILITY:
Registration will open at 7pm on May 16th on Practiscore at the following link:
https://practiscore.com/2017-mississippi-cqb-rifle-championship/register
Limited to first 120 entries. Any registration after that will go to the waitlist.

MATCH FEE: $40
Once registered and approved you will be sent squadding and payment info. You have 14 days from registering to pay or you will be removed from the match. Refunds will be given up to 30 days prior to the match.

STAFF PACKAGE:
We are in need of 30 staff members to run the match, 15 per session. Three staff members will be assigned per squad. Staff will shoot FREE. If you would like to volunteer as staff, check the desired boxes indicating so on the registration form. Please note, not all applications may be accepted once we have 30 staff positions filled. You will receive email confirming if you have been selected as staff.

We are also in need of setup crew members to setup the match. The match will be completely setup the evening before. Setup crew will shoot FREE. If you would like to volunteer as setup crew, check the box indicating so on the registration form. Please note, not all applications may be accepted once we have all setup crew positions filled.You will receive email confirming if you have been selected as setup crew.

SQUAD SCHEDULE:
We will be running an AM and PM schedule.
AM schedule shoots from 9am-12:30pm
PM schedule shoots from 1pm-4:30pm.
Award ceremony at 5pm.

You are allowed to shoot twice, as long as you shoot in a different division, and you will be entered twice to win the prizes. (ie. PCC in AM and Rifle in PM)
***If you shoot twice, it must be separate schedules, AM and PM. No shooting twice in same schedule.*** If you plan on shooting twice, sign up twice, pay twice.

See you at the match!

rosco.jpg.ee00bc319de94939c551ab95e8dffb0b.jpg

We are very excited to announce that the great folks from Rosco Manufacturing are back, this time as title sponsor of the 2017 Rosco Manufacturing Mississippi CQB Rifle Championship.  These folks put ten of their high quality barrels on the prize table and more back at our spring two gun match, and we're excited to have them back.

Latest Update:

May 28th - MS L10, PCC, & CO State Championship Registration is open, register now!  --> Register!
June 24-25th - MS Production State ChampionshipRegistration is open, register now! --> Register!

July 22-23rd - CK Arms MS Open State Championship - Registration is open, register now! --> Register!
July 29-30th - MS State NSSF Rimfire Challenge - Registration is open, register now! -> Register!
August 27th - Rosco Manufacturing MS CQB State Championship - Registration opens next week! -> Register!
September 23-24th - Freedom Gunworks MS Limited State Championship- Details coming soon.

The L10/PCC/CO state match is overfull with 90+ shooters.

The Production state match is 135+ shooters with room for more.

The Open match is around 100+ shooters with lots more room.

The NSSF Rimfire match is around 70+ and lots of room available.

The CQB state match is at 125+ with a little bit more room.

If you want great competition and great fun, we got room for you.  Get signed up.

• 2 weeks later...

The 2017 Mississippi PCC, Carry Optics, and Limited 10 Championship is in the books, and although we started the morning out with a little rain, and endured a shower around lunch, it ended up being a pretty nice day, and we had a blast shooting.

First and foremost, I want to thank everyone who came out and shot with us, helped past and reset, tear down, and most of all those who helped RO and setup the night before. Without these guys help, these matches just don’t happen, and I like to thank them first. Lee Frasier, Ken Hablitzel, Harry Williams, Mike Ramos, Nick Saucier, Gary Kerr, Mike Strong, Trey Nicholson, Aaron Fitgerald, Bryant Willett, Robbie Foil, Jonathan O’Brien, Gerwin Henn, Roger Henn, Brian Dolly, Stephen LaSavia, Rafy RIjos, Steve Tannetta, David Pape, Bill Mahley, Ruth Mahley, John Nguyen, George Miller, Calvin Lindsay, Kyle Watkins, Ethan Boudreaux, Jeff Blitch, and Dani Blitch.

That team of folks makes the match what it is, so when you see them around give them a big high five. It’s also worth noting that a lot of the same names are at the top of many of the leaderboards today. It says a lot when your top guys are also putting in work. Other places I’ve been the local heat expects the superstar treatment and I’m pretty darn proud that none of our guys are too proud to pick up a hammer and pitch in.

Now on to the action:

Stage 1, Swinging Steel, was a 12 round short course that had you shooting 8 small pieces of steel at a pretty healthy distance, then a swinger and a tight partial with a mandatory reload mixed in. This one was a lot tougher than most folks expected, and it tanked a lot of folks matches today. Max Michel Sr. didn’t have that problem in Carry Optics with the stage win in 12.63 seconds, Gerwin Henn leveraged his solid fundamentals here for the L10 stage win with a smoking 10.79 run, and Joshua Mazzola blazed through this one with ease in PCC with a time on 8.73.

Stage 2, Swinging Bill, was a 12 round Virginia count stage that required 6 shots on the swinger, and 6 on a partial. John Nguyen took the stage win in CO here with a 10.87 run, Gerwin Henn took the stage in L10 with a 8.41 run, and Fernando Almeida took PCC with a 7.65.

Stage 3, Four by Four, was a 12 round short course that featured four popper on the left side, and four paper on the right. The only real decision to be made here was which way to go first, and then rely on execution. AJ McCartney picked the right choice and made it happen in CO with a smoking run of 9.70, Rafy Rijos took L10 with a 11.50, and Joshua Mazzola took the stage in PCC with a 10.21.

Stage 4, No Step on Snek, was a 24 round long course that featured four big colt poppers, and two deceptively small and distanced lollipops. Roger Henn was the man here in CO, with a 13.72 run, his old man Gerwin took it in L10 with a 13.37 run, and Joshua Mazzola ran the table in PCC with a 12.61 run.

Stage 5, Double Time, was a 14 round medium course that had only two steel, and a few tight partials. Roger Henn again won the stage in CO with a 9.54 run, Steven Mosher won L10 with a 11.80 run, and Bryant Willett won PCC with a smoking 8.61.

Stage 6, Triple Time, was a rehash of the previous stage, only this time it was three rounds per target, and ended up a 20 round long course. John Nguyen took it down in CO with a 11.39 run, Steven Taylor won L10 with a run of 13.48, and Joshua Mazzola won PCC with a 11.05.

Stage 7, My Way, was a pretty straightforward 24 round long course that featured two poppers. John Nguyen took the stage in CO, Gerwin Henn took L10, and new PCC shooter Woody Landry set the tone on this one in PCC.

Stage 8, The Highway, was the same stsage, with the added twist of an unloaded start and all mags staged on barrel. This didn’t change much for the high cap guys, but it altered the L10 guys plans significantly, as well as sending a couple people home anytime you do gun and mag handling off barrels. John Nguyen repeated his stage win in CO, Rowdy Bricco took the stage in L10, and Joshua Mazzola took the stage in PCC.

Stage 9, Wide Open, was the largest course at 32 rounds, and easily covered the most ground. This one really rewarded those guys who could cover ground quick, as evidenced by your fast-footed MD Steven Mosher taking the stage win in L10, with Roger Henn taking CO and Joshua Mazzola taking PCC.

Stage 10, Split Second, was an 8 round speed shoot that featured an optional drop turner, two poppers and tight partial. Roger Henn took the stage in CO at 4.93, outpacing the field by nearly 25%, Jonathan Jones blazed the stage in L10 with a time of 3.85 for the stage win, and Christopher DiMenna smoked a 4.51 run in PCC.

When all the results were tallied, your final leaderboard looked like this:

Carry Optics:
MS STATE CHAMPION – Roger Henn
1st Place – John Nguyen
2nd Place – Roger Henn
3rd Place – Jason Welch
High Junior – Blayne Dupuy
High Senior – A.J. McCartney
High Super Senior – Don Evans
High LE – Herman Cox

Limited 10:
MS STATE CHAMPION – Gerwin Henn
1st Place – Gerwin Henn
2nd Place – Rowdy Bricco
3rd Place – David Pape
High Junior – Jonathan Jones
High Senior – Gerwin Henn
High Super Senior – Lee Frasier
High LE – Julio Salado
High Military – Chris Lewis

PCC:
MS STATE CHAMPION – David Martian
1st Place – Joshua Mazzola
2nd Place – Fernando Almeida
3rd Place – Woody Landry
High Junior – Piper Hattox
High Lady – Piper Hattox
High Senior – Trey Nicholson
High LE – Christopher DiMenna

MS PCC, CO, L10 MVP – Kyle Watkins
Springfield 1911 drawing winner – Stephen Russo

Full match results here:
Practiscore – https://practiscore.com/results/new/36605
USPSA – https://uspsa.org/uspsa-display-match-results-detail.php?indx=21393

Again, want to thank everyone who came out and shot, we certainly hope it was worth the trip, and as we are always striving to improve our match experience, I’d also ask that you please email me with any suggestions and/or constructive after action reports so that we can continue to improve our match.

See you at the next match!

16 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

You will see me at the next match, thank you!

Glad you can and it was worth the trip.  Great shooting too.  That's a fine pistol you got I'm looking at getting myself one now thanks for letting me look at it!

Latest Update:

May 28th - MS L10, PCC, & CO State Championship --> Results!

August 27th - Rosco Manufacturing MS CQB State Championship - Registration opens next week! -> Register!

MATCH ANNOUNCEMENT:
The 2017 Freedom Gunworks Mississippi Limited State Championship will be held September 23-24th at Coast Rifle & Pistol Club near Biloxi, MS. This is a USPSA sanctioned, Level 2 State/Section championship match.

MATCH DETAILS:
The match will be 10 stages shot in a half day format.  There will be four schedules to choose from, Saturday AM, Saturday PM, Sunday AM, and Sunday PM. Squad size will be strictly limited to nine shooters.  There will be complimentary lunch provided each day. Award ceremony will be Sunday evening. Division will be Limited only.

RANDOM PRIZE GIVEAWAY:
One CK Arms Limited gun (MSRP $3,000) courtesy of match title sponsor Freedom Gunworks to be given away by random draw at the awards ceremony.

PLAQUE RECOGNITION:
State Champion, open to MS residents.
1st-3rd place overall, open to everyone.
High Lady, High Senior, High Super Senior, and High Junior.
Class awards based on number of entries.

ELIGIBILITY:
Registration will open at 7pm CST on June 6th on Practiscore at the following link:

https://practiscore.com/2017-freedom-gunworks-mississippi-limited-state-championship/register

Limited to the first 180 shooters. Any registration after that will go to the waitlist.

MATCH FEE: $60
Once registered you will be allowed to squad.  Once approved you will be sent payment info. You have 14 days from registering to pay or you will be removed from the match. Refunds will be given up to 30 days prior to the match.

STAFF PACKAGE:
We are in need of 60 RO slots to run the match, 15 each session. Three staff members will be assigned per squad, and will have the option to shoot as embedded RO's within the squad or shoot one session, work another. Need not be a certified RO to volunteer, but is recommended. Staff will shoot FREE.

If you prefer to shoot and work together, just register as normal and select your staff schedule preference, I will squad you during that session.
If you prefer to shoot and work separate, then sign up two entries. For the one you want to shoot select "NO" to staff and pick your squad, on the second entry, select "Ro Only" for division and the staff schedule preference you want.

For example, if you want to shoot Saturday AM and work Sunday AM, sign one entry up as normal and select "NO" to staff, then squad on Saturday AM.  Sign up a second time and pick "RO Only" for division and "yes, Sunday AM" for staff, and I will squad you as staff Sunday AM.

If you want to volunteer to RO even more, then sign up a third account, etc with another staff schedule preference.  We're giving a $40 per diem for ROing any extra sessions after your first one.

Please note, not all applications may be accepted once we have 60 staff positions filled. You will receive email confirming if you have been selected as staff.

We are also in need of setup crew members to setup the match. The match will be completely setup the Friday evening before. Setup crew will shoot FREE. If you would like to volunteer as setup crew, check the box indicating so on the registration form. Please note, not all applications may be accepted once we have all setup crew positions filled.

You will receive email confirming if you have been selected as setup crew.

SCHEDULE (both days):
8:00 - 12:30pm AM session
1:00 - 5:30pm  PM session
6:00 - 6:30pm Award Ceremony (Sunday only)

Complimentary lunch available in the pistol clubhouse on both days.

See you at the match!

8 hours ago, GorillaTactical said:

Thanks for the smooth and enjoyable match this weekend guys!  Enjoyed the trip out to MS to compete.

Let me know if you get any big matches out in your area, I have a friend in Katy that I need to come see.

40 minutes ago, Broski said:

Let me know if you get any big matches out in your area, I have a friend in Katy that I need to come see.

They have area 59 in mid November in Rosenberg just south of Katy, I'm going to that one, and at the end of August is the oilfield classic north of sealy.