Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

What have I forgotten?

jw3378

First off, if this is in the wrong thread please correct me.

Howdy gentlemen, I've recently jumped back into production compdivision after a long hiatus away from the sport. I have shot multiple local matches using my fathers Limited belt rig adjusted to production legal. I've decided this hobby is one that is easily accessible to me and worth the purchase of my own rig (and pops wants all his stuff back).Id like to put together an entire belt rig but am looking for recommendations on some parts and would like to make sure im not forgetting anything. I am currently shooting a stock 2 and have a comp-tac holster with the original drop offset mount already

Equipment I've consider-

-Belt- not sure what brand on this one. Have heard greet things about CR speed and DAA, any others?

-Pouches-ghost, cr speed, DAA     Suggestions in the three?

-BOSS Holster Hangar

-Shot time-   Really need help here!!!

-Baseplates for stock 2 magazines. Brands?

Thanks Gentlemen and God bless.

Welcome and glad to have you here. I started with a black scorpion belt because that's what i could find on amazon when i was first starting out.  I used an Uncle mikes basic kydex holster and double mag pouches a first. Once I got into this and started asking other shooters at my local club then I started to upgrade from there. What makes it worse is i've always been a gear guy so I like to try new things. Which is why I now have 4 rigs. Limited/Open, Production, Single Stack and 3 gun. I run the CR speed for my production & single stack which I like. 

Thanks gentlemen. Sadly I fall into the gear guy category as well. The rig I was borrowing from my father was DAA belt and the DAA metal pouches which were really

nice, but I really don't know if they were worth extra coin. I will look into the shooter connection belt. 

Does anyone other than ghost offer the bullets out option?

• 1 month later...

I shoot bullets-out and had used Guga Ribas pouches and switched to DAA two years ago.  Best decision I could have made. The Guga pouches were well made but for me they kept shifting/rotating where the pouch tightens down to the belt clamp, no matter how tight I tightened them.  This may have had more to do with my belly size than the design of the pouch assembly.

Again, for me the Guga pouches worked well for years.....just not as well as the DAA once I tried them. 

For a belt, I own both CR Speed and DAA and haven't noticed a difference.  They look and feel nearly identical.  If I were to buy new, I'd probably go with Shooters Connection as I doubt I'd personally notice the difference.  

Personal preference is DAA belts and pouches (Racers) over CR Speed.  Some guys I shoot with grabbed Shooters Connection belts.  They like 'em and they cost less.

That stock holster hanger works alright but you'd be glad you got a BOSS.  It's stable as hell and adjusts nicely. 

I dig the big screen on top of the Comp. Electronics pocket pro II.  Easy for solo live or dry fire practice.

Cool you're getting back into it, have fun!

Edited by BBQRibs

+1 CR Speed belts

I've always used the CR Speed mag pouches too because I like how they are compatible with a wide variety of magazines by changing out or removing the inserts - a nice feature if I ever choose to shoot a different division/gun in the future. I recently upgraded the mag pouch hangers to their new C-Bax design and they're awesome...I highly recommend those.

I started with a Blade-Tech DOH holster, however, the stingray hanger and the stock DOH adapter was crap!  I have upgraded to the Boss hanger and I feel like I finally have the perfect rig with all the bugs worked out. Everything is tight and solid. 

I have a Pact timer for live fire and I use the Surefire Shot Timer app on my phone for dry fire practice.

You should checkout Taylor Freelance if you're looking for production legal baseplates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...