Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Hiperfire EDT in PCC

Has anyone successfully run a Hiperfire Hipertouch EDT/ EDT2/ EDT3 trigger group in a 9mm PCC?

Seems like a reasonable compromise between a mil-spec LPK trigger and a high-dollar go fast trigger.

What are other < $100 options I should consider?

On 11/16/2016 at 6:51 PM, shutr said:

Funny you should ask. I have a SIG MPX, just asked Hyperfire if any of their triggers would work.

Response was 'Yes the 24 series works great in the MPX". I'm tempted to try one.

I personally confirm this.  I gladly volunteered my MPX as the test firearm for the 24C.  I brought my MPX to the Hyperfire shop and we installed the 24C in it.  Took it to the range and it functioned great.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/18/2016 at 8:17 PM, -=VILLAMOR=- said:

I personally confirm this.  I gladly volunteered my MPX as the test firearm for the 24C.  I brought my MPX to the Hyperfire shop and we installed the 24C in it.  Took it to the range and it functioned great.

How many rounds fired? any issues? I bought the 243g and installed it but have not dad a chance to try it out.

On 12/5/2016 at 6:58 AM, shutr said:

How many rounds fired? any issues? I bought the 243g and installed it but have not dad a chance to try it out.

Over 1,000 now since I've installed it and not a single issue.  Ran it through a whole match last Sunday with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2016 at 8:17 PM, -=VILLAMOR=- said:

I'm not an actor by any means, but here is the video from Hyperfire of me testing the 24C in the MPX Pistol and SBR.  

• 2 years later...

What weight trigger pull are you guys using?  My Hiperfire ECL is set at around 2 # which increases the hammer tension.  I am having some fail to eject problems AND the hammer is getting beat up, worn and dented.  Im assuming due to the increase in resistance.  I think if you have your triggers set at 3 -4  pounds you may not have problems or may not have noticed the wear yet.  Any replies would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

Mike

I run the 'Reflex' which was formerly the 24E, I think.  Completely reliable with both sets of springs, but I also attribute that to my BCG which has been reliable with a bunch of different triggers and uppers.

I do however keep an eye on my firing pins and keep some replacements handy.

We have run the Hiperfire EDT  in 2 different PCC's and also in an AR I just finished building. It was the recommended trigger for NFA pcc BCG.  Great triggers for the money, right around 4# no creep and quick reset. Highly recommend them. They were on sale at Joe Bob for around $60.

gerritm

On 12/5/2016 at 7:58 AM, shutr said:

I have about 6k on my PSA lower with the 243G and ULW upper.

• 3 weeks later...

Been running a 243G/Reflex and it’s been 100% (granted the MPX is new with just over 1500rds), but it’s cool to know they support it and will back it up if issues arise. Seems they recommend the Hipertouch series over the EDT’s.

Found this from the mothership:

https://hiperfire.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360024568454-Which-trigger-is-right-for-my-MPX-or-PCC-platform-

Edited by ck1
Link