Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC in... IDPA ?

29 minutes ago, Marshal82 said:

The issue with PCC and IDPA, behinds the hindering 10 round limit (LAME). Is using cover, as a right handed shooter, it would be nearly impossible to shoot around the left side of a barricade without switching to my left shoulder. 

I don't shoot idpa anymore, but I was talking to a friend who does, he said idpa is replacing cover with things that look like fault lines that are officially not called fault lines.  Not sure if that is true.  In quite a few of the USPSA pcc events I have shot, I have definitely had to shoot weak shoulder to get hits.  I think it will be a critical skill.

2 hours ago, Marshal82 said:

The issue with PCC and IDPA, behinds the hindering 10 round limit (LAME). Is using cover, as a right handed shooter, it would be nearly impossible to shoot around the left side of a barricade without switching to my left shoulder. 

Guess it's time to learn something new.  3-Gunners have had to do this for years.

Yes ... IDPA keeps fixing the rules until they have finally broken the sport. PCC has no place in IDPA and as a match director and stage designer, our club has no plans to include it. We frequently shoot from vehicles and we commonly require a start with the firearm in a holster under the dash or from the glove box. How about strong hand/weak hand shooting? Shooting from close retention? What kind of concealment do you need for a carbine? It's difficult enough designing stages that don't too severely impact revolver shooters, but with PCC every stage will have to be designed around it. I'm all for PCC as a side match or a two gun competition but there's just no way to mix and match pistols and carbines in a normal IDPA stage.

On 11/18/2016 at 6:38 PM, lsystems said:

Yes ... IDPA keeps fixing the rules until they have finally broken the sport. PCC has no place in IDPA and as a match director and stage designer, our club has no plans to include it. We frequently shoot from vehicles and we commonly require a start with the firearm in a holster under the dash or from the glove box. How about strong hand/weak hand shooting? Shooting from close retention? What kind of concealment do you need for a carbine? It's difficult enough designing stages that don't too severely impact revolver shooters, but with PCC every stage will have to be designed around it. I'm all for PCC as a side match or a two gun competition but there's just no way to mix and match pistols and carbines in a normal IDPA stage.

What about home defense? IDPA  is about defensive scenarios which would include in a vehicle, in a boat, on the street away from home and probably very likely defending your home. A short barrel carbine makes sense for in home use. I am not particularly for or against, just saying.

1 hour ago, MedicineMan said:

What about home defense? IDPA  is about defensive scenarios which would include in a vehicle, in a boat, on the street away from home and probably very likely defending your home. A short barrel carbine makes sense for in home use. I am not particularly for or against, just saying.

None of you have a truck rifle?

On 11/17/2016 at 7:13 AM, Marshal82 said:

...it would be nearly impossible to shoot around the left side of a barricade without switching to my left shoulder. 

Just like you're required to do in 3-gun, USPSA Multigun, and USPSA PCC?

A righty shooting around the left side of a wall of his left shoulder is a very common weapons-handling skill. That's why there are 327 videos on YouTube dedicated to it.