Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 MAGPUL WYOMING GOVERNOR'S MATCH

2017 MAGPUL WYOMING GOVERNOR'S MATCH August 3-6 2017

Competition Dynamics has been working directly with the Governor's Office in Cheyenne, Wyoming to promote shooting sports in the state of Wyoming.

The format will be a 2-Gun match (carbine/pistol), with some side matches in there as well.

8 stages (NOT SOF TYPE) but theme based regardless, and WALK THROUGHS are encouraged here!

Tentatively, right now we will be working with ARNG ,and various other LE agencies to place props and such on the range, so this should be an excellent match for the State of Wyoming.

With MAGPUL as the title sponsor I would expect some great product from them on the prize table as well. Plus  EVERY company in the firearms industry in Wyoming will be there as well, and the sponsors are looking great right now.

The state is behind this, as well as the Wyoming Game and Fish, and there was mention of various Hunts being given away on the prize table!

Be in Wyoming August 2017!

http://competition-dynamics.com/magpul-governors-match-2017/

Jimmy

CD

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Combination of bays with some open terrain. Stages are still being finalized but the rumor I heard is that they would like to run out the rifle distance on two or three stages. I would be ready for a few targets at 400 and perhaps a bit beyond with a good mix inside that distance. There should also be some good fast stages. They plan to bring in some National Guard vehicles for a couple of stages for props. Should be interesting. 

Edited by alma

• 3 weeks later...

I met with Governor Mead for some time at SHOT, he is super excited for this match, and although the underlying mission is to promote shooting sports within the state, he hopes this match puts them on the map in a big way.

Magpul is the title sponsor, while all other Wyoming state firearms industry folks are already involved and sponsoring this match. And Point Blank is the official LE sponsor.

Thunder Beast Arms is the first GOLD sponsor, as well as Hi-viz, Sharps Rifle Company, Huskemaw Optics and many, many others. This should be a great one.

Machinegun Tours will be there to destroy something as usual, and there will be a few pick up MG's,

Monster Energy will keep you geeked out and ready to shoot!

Alma, is correct, there will be at least 2 stages out to 300-400 yards, the rest are all close in inside 100 yards. There will be various Wyoming implements/assets onsite, from fish and game trucks to ARNG vehicles and WY State Patrol interceptors.

No secrets here guys, walk-throughs are encouraged. Staff will shoot through and for score 2 days prior, them it's main match GO time!

I will not confirm but there is rumor of a few Wyoming hunts on the prize table.

Hope to see everyone there.

Jimmy

• 2 months later...

The Magpul Governor's Match is shaping up nicely.

There will be a flyer/poster out soon, as well as information on hotels and food 10 minutes from the range.

Also, there is a 20K guided elk hunt being offered to the winner as well if he/she so chooses it. And can be donated to the charity of their choosing. 

Hope some of you can make this match.

Jimmy

Yes, bi pods are fair game here. For this match it is not needed IMO. 

Berms will are 50-75 yards long ( traditional square range), with 2 long range courses to 400ish, if a precision rifle is employed ammo and gun will be provided. PuG will be probably be bonus points for time off. 

Jimmy

Very interested in this match.  Always loved WY and looking for a reason to visit again - this is a pretty good one.

Shoot Friday, Saturday, and Sunday morning - correct?  Given the timing (2.5 days for 8 stages), is it safe to assume the stages will be fairly complex / time consuming?  

How negotiable, if at all, is the shooters meeting Thursday afternoon?  This potentially adds an extra day of travel / time-off for those travelling over 1K miles one way.       

Yes, shoot Friday, Saturday and Sunday, and the shooters meeting is not mandatory and I will take sigh in early Friday morning.

8stages is what is slated for now, there may be some added, but not for sure as of yet.

There will be plenty of things to do at the range, the Governor's office assures me there this. There will be side shoots, as well as the "Wyoming 100", https://wgfd.wyo.gov/Wyoming-Top-100 unfortunately you have to be a Wyoming resident to qualify, but try your hand at it and see where you would place.

Again, this is an event to promote shooting sports within the state if Wyoming, The Governor himself as well s the State is backing this in a massive way. There will be plenty of shade, food, and beverages for everyone. Magpul is the "title" sponsor for this event, and I would anticipate the prize table to be well over 100k.

There will be a flyer of sorts out soon, and I will post it here.

Jimmy

To fly in to Cheyenne, WY would be the easiest, Denver is 1.5 hrs away and a straight shot to get to Cheyenne.

There are 3 match Hotels, I will lock down the names and locations.

From the range, you can be in downtown Cheyenne in 10 minutes.

Jimmy

On 4/19/2017 at 11:01 AM, alma said:

The timing has been a concern for me as well. I can't spend take off five days (three plus travel on either side) to shoot eight stages. 

That's one of my issues with this match as well and I live in Cheyenne. Very hard to justify 3 days and $300 for only eight stages.

Originally I was hoping to shoot this but with the match being pushed up a week it conflicts with another major match in the area that I was already committed too. 

Have to wait and see how it all turns out. Might try to give it another shot next year.

Really does sound like a cool match that could give me a great excuse to visit WY, but I don't understand shooting fewer than 3 stages per match day unless the stages are ridiculously huge.

4 stages Fri, 4 stages Sat. Prize table Sat night. Commute home on Sunday. Even shooting 4 stages per day, there should be plenty of time for side matches, etc.