Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2017 MAGPUL WYOMING GOVERNOR'S MATCH

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand all this whining about this match having "only" 8 stages. Jimmy used to design stages for Rocky Mountain 3gun (among other things), which at the time, was 3 days, 8 stages.

And he has already told you that there will be lots of other opportunities to do some shooting on side stages.

You can take it to the bank that after a day of shooting at this match you will be D.U.N.!

If you have a hankering, go! And have fun! It will be a good time! :)

jj

• 4 weeks later...

"Staff will shoot through and for score 2 days prior, them it's main match GO time"

Jimmy, any chance you would allow paid shooters to shoot two days prior for those of us who are traveling to Area 3? that same weekend?

Edited by DocMedic

• 1 month later...

OK guys, shooter meeting optional, mandatory check in On Thursday from 0800-1700.

Check in: you will sign waiver, get score sheets and then we know you are there. Shooting starts Friday the  4th at 0730.

Shooter meeting optional, or you can do then "all you can walk through option"!

CD out

• 3 weeks later...

This would have been a fun match at my local club for 20 or 30 dollars. It has been a huge disappointment for 300 dollars. Paper scoring? Mail in checks. Welcome to the 2017 Wyoming Governors match . Set your clock back 20 years. I don't plan to return and I sure won't recommend it. If they want to see how a real match is run, go check out one that is put on by Southern Utah Practical Shooters.

Edited by owtlaw

2 hours ago, VNGunfighter said:

Classy!

Owtlaw is expressing just a few of the concerns that many of the competitors had. You don't seem to be taking people's concerns seriously...why is that?

The Ro's are allowing people to run stages differently for different squads. Several of the Ro's have been complete a holes. The paper score cards are a joke. Lord I wish there was an app that would handle squading/scoring/payment. The stage design is not up to par with any kind of a club level weekend match. The 1 on 1 off scheduling is great if you like to stand around and marinate you butt for an hour all while watching your next stage sit empty because the Ro's won't start you early.  All this after we got done trying to sign up for this train wreck. Get this, they didn't empty their PO box until after it had filled up and people had their check returned to them. Ya, did I mention that I wish there was an app that would handle sign up, payment, and squadding. 

How's that for a start?

Not trying to be an A hole my self but from where I stand, this match has major issues.  And thus far the reaction from the staff has been less than accommodating for myself and many others.  Perhaps my criticism is too harsh. But I call it as I see it.

Wow, "owtlaw", your local matches must be off the hook!!! Please post video!!!

Especially looking forward to seeing:

1. A two gun match with 8 stages completely supported by your state government.

2. match props to include MRAPS (2) hosted by the local PD and a State Police cruiser.

3. Food vendor on site for the duration of the match.

4. Free energy drinks from a major manufacturer.

5. Vendor displays.

6. Side matches with prizes including one run by your state's Fish and Game bureau.

7. Machine Gun rentals from a major Class III retailer in the area.

8. A speech by the actual Governor of your state expressing how much sport shooting is revered in your state.

9. A prize table exceeding $100K of products by major manufacturers.

Lookin' forward to those videos, "owtlaw".

ericm (major a hole RO who almost certainly will win the Academy Award for major a hole RO)