Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

1000 Man Shoot - Ben Avery

DCMJ

Yesterday, November 14th, I joined 1000 fellow shooters at Ben Avery Range in Arizona to touch off 1000 simultaneous (as much as you can get from 1000 people anyway) shots fired. Twice. It was a sunny, 84-degree day with a pleasant southerly breeze blowing in. Could not have had a better day or setting for this event. While the shooting positions were tight, we cooperated together and got 'er done right!

It was a testament to the organizational efforts of the Arizona Department of Fish and Game, the NRA, the Maricopa County Sheriff Department, and sundry others I cannot recall. A gathering of several thousand participants as many observing as shooting.

I had the honor of standing with them during our national anthem, and several addresses by significant members of the event. In addition, I was able to shake hands and thank numerous vets for their service to this nation.

And then, I got to pick up my rifle and join 999 others... I have to say it was the nicest .22LR firearm I have ever handled, and in a few weeks, it will be transferred to my ownership - serial is 117 in a series of 1000. Just plain cool in my book.

A special day, whether Guinness will ever acknowledge the event, or not. Just being there to help raise funds for the NRA and its' programs and to do so without incident was stellar.