Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Unused Loadmaster - what to do?

xdr

I have a LM that I tried to make work for 223. It didnt work out for me mainly due to priming issues (not brass related). I brought a 650 and havent looked at the LM in a while.

Since it is just laying around, I was thinking of re-purposing it for 9mm as I thought it might be work well for that with the latest priming system by Lee. I currently have a pro1K that works well for 9mm, but I thought I may have a better production rate on the LM. 

In general, will the LM work better for 9mm?

thanks

I purchased 2 loadmasters in a box of parts. I also had primer issues. I just ran 500 .40  without an issue. i run the auto case feeder ,but place the bullets by hand. THE LEE FIX .06 cents.  under the protruding frame the auto feed slider rides on is an aluminum  fin. it support the slide deck i drilled a small hole, tapped a 8-32 thread pitch and threaded a 2 inch bolt from home depot. The lower curve of the primer drop tube is now supported and tension can be adjusted, holding pocket is NOW kept square to the primer plunger. I will try to take some pictures.  use 1200 grit sand paper and de-bur the tube /slide. I used dry spray graphite. Have not had to put the primer loader apart in about 2000 rounds now. was every 40-50 rounds. i will sent pix tomorrow.

Here you fellas. 8x32 X2 inch screw 2 nuts . Hole drilled thru ,threaded nut on each side. Head of bolt holds and supports primer assembly in correct possision. Primer holder has small hole allowing the point of the orange handle pick to keep primers from falling during reload of tray. Hope this helps. It has been night and day difference. I was tearing this thing down at least once per hundred. I got a mechanics break stool. Now I am eye level with what is going on. You see the primers slide down. eb5fb6db42830e4fae070ce1ac3d7db0.jpg17923649810de5ec7c92f4666751582d.jpg24edcfad21e6c7870c4e1428f70f4eb1.jpge5fb3911a3d10d1d9225f1d941c6dab8.jpg786f3ac83b25ef50a8a63e2273d0b3d1.jpg

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk