Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IDPA Holster question

Coltfiction

I was wondering is the bladetech black ice holster is IDPA legal with a teklok only? I've only shot one local match with my Ed Brown in a leather holster setup, now I'm going to shoot ESP with a STI Hextac 2011. I got the holster (it's all I could find on short notice), but it seems pretty low cut. 

• 2 months later...

Necro, but I'm new so deal. :P

I've just joined IDPA & intend to compete this spring. I want to use my EDC gear as I'm interested in reality & testing myself for such. Is an alien gear IWB holster legal? It's what I use atm. And do I need a double mag holster or is a single (which I currently have/use EDC on occasion) ok? If it matters my EDC is a Springfield 3" 9mm XD Mod.2. Gaining practical experience in SD situations, however contrived it may be, is my main goal. Winning is an afterthought to me. Just explaining what my personal mindset going into this is all. Thanks!

Edited by Tank0211
edit

IWBs are ok but you must wear it 3:00 or back, no appendix carry as seems popular in the hsld community these days.

You are entitled to two reload magazines and will occasionally need them.  I use two single carriers for flexibility of use and placement.  Or you could carry the other spare in your pocket; that is allowed but you must carry ammo the same way the whole match. 

1 hour ago, Jim Watson said:

IWBs are ok but you must wear it 3:00 or back, no appendix carry as seems popular in the hsld community these days.

You are entitled to two reload magazines and will occasionally need them.  I use two single carriers for flexibility of use and placement.  Or you could carry the other spare in your pocket; that is allowed but you must carry ammo the same way the whole match. 

Thanks Jim. Appreciate the knowledge.