Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting the new classifier

rowdyb

another thing that makes this classifier easier for a lot of people is nerves. by that i mean you only now have 8 strings. just 8 times you have perform. and only one of those is at 20yrds and only one of them has you making any head shots. though you get to do all the heads at once, after you've already drawn and shot a lot of body shots.

less times to get all worked up and have to shoot off your draw, less times to have to shoot a head shot, less shots a distance. pretty hard not to define that as easier.

the only way it's not easier is now you know you pretty much have to shoot each string in exactly it's number of rounds and zero points down. do this and you'll just make master at 72. do the stuff up front a little faster and build a cushion equal to your time and points down in the back. so now the tactic will be to build a good gap up front to "spend" on the back end. where previously you just got through the front end and really strived to be perfect at the end.

yes i did say it's easier. but i have zero issue with that. surprisingly. my email will have nothing to say about the classifier.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Shooting the classifier is easier.  It appears that the problem is with the times set for the classifications.  About how much would the times need to be reduced to maintain the current difficulty to move up in classification? Mark

If it was me I'd knock them all down 5%. the 73 score for MA in ssp would go down to 69. and so forth.

but maybe i've forgotten what it's like to shoot this as a mm/ss and their experiences and times are more important to know if this is set properly.

Edited by rowdyb

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2016 at 7:54 PM, TacticalReload said:

The classifier also requires no cover garment.  I think it's a case of "do what we say, how we say".

The Classifier has never required a cover garment.

AD

On 11/19/2016 at 7:36 PM, ADulay said:

The Classifier has never required a cover garment.

AD

Correct. However lots of guys run it just to see where they are at. I even run my carry guns from concealment, just to see. It's allot harder with a Kahr CW9 or a M&P Shield than with a G17.....

I think the new classifier is appropriate.  There are a lot of "under classified" guys in IDPA and I think this would line up more on match performance than the old one.  A typical IDPA COF is pretty easy, usually, and this does a good job of hammering on the most commonly used skills.  

I shot it last week.     Had a couple of runs around 78 then got better hits at 20 and pulled it down to 71, and that's without shooting or practicing the last month.    I typically had the same pattern shooting the old classifier  -my old eyes suck at 20 yards where the "fuzzy" front sights bite me.

The classifier times for BUG are the most debatable IMO.     I shot a 119 with a Glock 43 that was having issues with one of the mags, but with my gamer Glock 27 I ran it under 100...

On 11/26/2016 at 1:31 PM, MHicks said:

MarkT.  How would your classification compare to shooting the current classifier? Any sharpshooter or marksman try the new classifier? Mark

The old classifier would land me in the high 90s unless I camped out on the range and practiced a lot (something I don't do much nowadays -lol).     With practice I always got it down to the Master scores -at least in ESP/SSP.      CDP was always just a bit harder for me and it was rare that I got it to the goal...

• 3 weeks later...