Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Vectan Prima V in 40s&w?

the_t0ny

I'm planning on loading 40s&w and 45acp soon on my Dillon 550. I purchased a few pounds of vectan prima v for my 9mm and was wondering if any of you use it for 40s&w and 45acp? For the 40 I'll most likely be using a 180gr xtreme plated em bullet loaded to make major pf  shot out of a glock 22 and eventually a sti edge and for the 45acp it'll be a 230gr xtreme plated rn shot out of a 1911. And if you don't mind please share your load data. Thanks. 

i haven't used it yet, but i intend to. In 9mm it seems to run exactly like red dot except cleaner, and red dot is my favorite 40 load. So i'll probably start by duplicating my red dot load, which would be 4.4gr with a 180 gr xtreme plated bullet at 1.14 oal.

2 hours ago, motosapiens said:

i haven't used it yet, but i intend to. In 9mm it seems to run exactly like red dot except cleaner, and red dot is my favorite 40 load. So i'll probably start by duplicating my red dot load, which would be 4.4gr with a 180 gr xtreme plated bullet at 1.14 oal.

I had read that the prima v is equivalent to tite group and people were posting chrono results with prima v and achieving the same velocity as titegroup in the same charge weight or pretty close 4.0 vs 3.9 so I figured it'd be the same in 40.